Root has a tCheck2!

Root

Grandma Roody
Joined
Dec 2, 2012
Messages
1,835
Reputation
0
Reaction score
4,999
Points
0
Website
everessencekd.com
Currently Smoking
My Genius Pipe!

I pre- ordered my tCheck2 way back in December, knowing they wouldn't ship til February.
I ordered the tCheck2 for $229.00 and $9.95 shipping. Then I ordered the Expansion kit (flower & concentrate) for $199.99 and $25.00 shipping. All total $463.94

20190226_064121 (2).jpg

20190226_064218.jpg

20190226_064238 (2).jpg

20190226_064312.jpg

20190226_064404.jpg



The flower and concentrate kit


IMG_0414.JPG


IMG_0415.JPG


IMG_0416.JPG


IMG_0417.JPG


IMG_0418.JPG


The whole package all together

20190222_102458.jpg


The tCheck2 uses an ultra violet spectrometer to measure THC, THCA and CBD in a given sample. It will then give you a CBV% (Cannabinoids By Volume)

I'm really excited, and now I can test my flower and see how much I get in my infusions.

It was easy to download the app to my phone, and easily syncs with the unit.





@Mossy @tCheckOfficial @Mañ'O'Green
 

Root

Grandma Roody
Joined
Dec 2, 2012
Messages
1,835
Reputation
0
Reaction score
4,999
Points
0
Website
everessencekd.com
Currently Smoking
My Genius Pipe!
We have done a bit of playing with this unit.
Simple, easy to follow prompts guide you through every test you run.

Here is the process for testing flower.
We have some Afghani Kush Special.
It only takes 100 mg to test
IMG_0421.JPG
IMG_0422.JPG
place it into one of the plastic test tubes
IMG_0423.JPG


Add 10 cc of the 99.9% Isopropyl alcohol, they supplied enough for about 10 tests.
I used up all of theirs in the first couple of days, so I've been using 99% Iso and the tests seem to come out the same.


IMG_0424.JPG


Crush the sample material with the included swizzle stick
and shake occasionally for 5 minutes.

IMG_0425.JPG
IMG_0426.JPG


Let the solution set and settle while you start the test.

IMG_0427_LI.jpg
IMG_0428_LI.jpg


Very easy instructions, you can even watch a video before you run the test


IMG_0429_LI.jpg

OMG!!!​

IMG_0430.JPG


Your sample should be as close to 100 mg as possible


IMG_0431_LI.jpg

Sorry some of these are sideways...There is a check list to go through to make sure you didn't forget anything.



IMG_0432_LI.jpg
IMG_0433_LI.jpg


The AKS has not been decarbed
IMG_0434_LI.jpg
IMG_0435.JPG
 
Last edited:

Root

Grandma Roody
Joined
Dec 2, 2012
Messages
1,835
Reputation
0
Reaction score
4,999
Points
0
Website
everessencekd.com
Currently Smoking
My Genius Pipe!
IMG_0436.JPG
IMG_0438.JPG




When you set up the sample tray, you need to make sure there is no plant material and no bubbles in the test area.


IMG_0439_LI.jpg
IMG_0440.JPG
IMG_0441.JPG


It only takes a minute or less for the test to run.
In the mean time they keep you entertained while you watch the screen

IMG_0401_LI.jpg


IMG_0403.JPG


IMG_0442_LI.jpg


The results! Actually this is not the AKS. That came out at 20.5%.

IMG_0450 (2).JPG


To show the way to test infusions, I have decarbed an ounce of the AKS and did a Quick wash for a tincture to put in my gummy candies.
 

Root

Grandma Roody
Joined
Dec 2, 2012
Messages
1,835
Reputation
0
Reaction score
4,999
Points
0
Website
everessencekd.com
Currently Smoking
My Genius Pipe!
Here is how to run a test on an alcohol tincture.
Decarbed 1 ounce of Afghani Kush Special that tested out at CBV 20.5 %

IMG_0397_LI.jpg



IMG_0398_LI.jpg
IMG_0399_LI.jpg


Infusion has been decarbed

IMG_0400_LI.jpg
IMG_0402.JPG
IMG_0407.JPG
IMG_0405.JPG
IMG_0406.JPG


Did not get a shot of the screen, but the tincture came out at CBV 12.9%
Doing a quick wash, I know I'm not getting all the goodies, so I'm happy with getting over 1/2 out.



IMG_0450.JPG
 

Mañ'O'Green

Retired to watch the grass grow.
Staff member
AFN Global Moderator
Cultivators Club
Joined
Sep 15, 2016
Messages
15,632
Reputation
1,832
Reaction score
53,710
Points
1,200
Currently Smoking
Dabs of Rosin.
Hi @Root Thank you for posting this.

I am not quite clear on what this is telling us. CBV% (Cannabinoids By Volume) so we do not know the ratio of THC:THCa:CBD just the whole number right?

Then what is the circled information in this picture?
ScreenHunter_181 Feb. 27 22.30.jpg
 

Root

Grandma Roody
Joined
Dec 2, 2012
Messages
1,835
Reputation
0
Reaction score
4,999
Points
0
Website
everessencekd.com
Currently Smoking
My Genius Pipe!
We are still trying to figure the numbers out.
All the flower tests that are not decarbed come out with THCa and all the tinctures I have done so far have CBD .

But when you go to the website tCheck2 there is a CBV Calculator
IMG_0410.JPG



IMG_0411.JPG



If I use their profile for OG Kush it will give that typical profile, and then depending on how strong I want each serving, it tells me how much to use

IMG_0412.JPG


IMG_0413.JPG



IMG_0448.JPG




To answer your question, I don't know. We will probable wind up calling them with a bunch of questions...
The CBV%, according to the web site, is the total number of cannabinoids in a sample.
In the FAQ section:
WHAT DOES TCHECK TEST FOR?
THx, THxa, CBx.

I read, that at one time due to legal issues, they could not mention THC. That may be the issue here, because all my tinctures that have been decarbed have the CBD :shrug: although I know it is mostly THC.
 

Attachments

Simplicio

Auto Warrior
Joined
Aug 19, 2017
Messages
1,233
Reputation
20
Reaction score
2,296
Points
0
My tCheck 2 doesn't work correctly.
It reads much too high on oil tincture, alcohol tincture, and chlorophyll tincture.
The tincture readings implied 80% flower, and the chlorophyll tincture, made from low-potency fan leaves implied over 20% thc.
I've sent them a couple of emails, but have received no help.

I highly recommend against this device, or at least the one I have.
 

tCheckOfficial

Auto Warrior
Joined
Nov 8, 2018
Messages
4
Reputation
0
Reaction score
10
Points
0
Hey th
We are still trying to figure the numbers out.
All the flower tests that are not decarbed come out with THCa and all the tinctures I have done so far have CBD .

But when you go to the website tCheck2 there is a CBV Calculator
View attachment 1021792


View attachment 1021793


If I use their profile for OG Kush it will give that typical profile, and then depending on how strong I want each serving, it tells me how much to use

View attachment 1021795

View attachment 1021796


View attachment 1021797



To answer your question, I don't know. We will probable wind up calling them with a bunch of questions...
The CBV%, according to the web site, is the total number of cannabinoids in a sample.
In the FAQ section:
WHAT DOES TCHECK TEST FOR?
THx, THxa, CBx.

I read, that at one time due to legal issues, they could not mention THC. That may be the issue here, because all my tinctures that have been decarbed have the CBD :shrug: although I know it is mostly THC.

Hey there! So that is correct, we can't say much on our current site or we get shut down. We are making a new site where we can speak freely, and customers can interact with us a bit better. It should be really helpful for asking questions etc.

We are still working on the update that will allow you to see more than just the main cannabinoid. So instead of just getting THCa on a test- it can tell you how much THCa vs THC or CBD vs THC. Unfortunately we won't ever be able to do CBn, or CBG or CBC with this device, or test for terps or pesticides, but it's good for prelim testing etc.
 

tCheckOfficial

Auto Warrior
Joined
Nov 8, 2018
Messages
4
Reputation
0
Reaction score
10
Points
0
My tCheck 2 doesn't work correctly.
It reads much too high on oil tincture, alcohol tincture, and chlorophyll tincture.
The tincture readings implied 80% flower, and the chlorophyll tincture, made from low-potency fan leaves implied over 20% thc.
I've sent them a couple of emails, but have received no help.

I highly recommend against this device, or at least the one I have.
Hello,

I'm sorry you feel that way and had that experience. If you want to dm me your email I can look it up and see what happened. I'm not sure if you had dilution issues or anything else based on what you wrote- but I'd be happy to try to help if I know who you are and can look up your info.
 

Root

Grandma Roody
Joined
Dec 2, 2012
Messages
1,835
Reputation
0
Reaction score
4,999
Points
0
Website
everessencekd.com
Currently Smoking
My Genius Pipe!
Hey th



Hey there! So that is correct, we can't say much on our current site or we get shut down. We are making a new site where we can speak freely, and customers can interact with us a bit better. It should be really helpful for asking questions etc.

We are still working on the update that will allow you to see more than just the main cannabinoid. So instead of just getting THCa on a test- it can tell you how much THCa vs THC or CBD vs THC. Unfortunately we won't ever be able to do CBn, or CBG or CBC with this device, or test for terps or pesticides, but it's good for prelim testing etc.
Welcome to AFN, @tCheckOfficial :welcome:

Great to know the update is on the way! Any idea on how soon that will be?
 
Top