• Come join us as we welcome Horticulture Lighting Group to the Autoflower Network!

We have an official representative from HLG that will be active on the forum to answer your questions, several units that are coming for our official product testing (grow and show's,) and we'll be working together to provide better information on lighting in general!

Come say hello!
  • Do you LOVE AFN?? bighug We do too!! But we need your help to keep the servers running!

If you feel like AFN has been useful in your journey and would like to help us pay some of the bills, we have a gofundme page setup for donations.
    Any amount that you can spare will be gratefully received

Click [HERE] to donate to AFN

Ruderal Species of Plants

BassAce5000

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
In this typology (also called Grime’s C-S-R Triangle,) plant species are grouped into Competitors, Stress tolerators, and Ruderals (CSR’s.) These types of species survive based on adaptations to the stress and disturbances in the ecosystems they live in.
This part I found particularly interesting, I’d be interested in more material to learn about CSR Triangle.

TexasGrows

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
I sometimes think we got it all wrong. I wonder if ruderalis, ditch weed, whatever it's called is the original cannabis and sativa/indica/hemp is the result of all the centuries of breeding.

Yet after all the centuries of breeding if put back in the wild it quickly goes back to being wild.

olbobcat

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
24k, SS blackberry gum rosin Alien Moonrocks Edibles and tincture
It got me thinking about one of the weeds I battle in my garden. Hairy bittercress. Yes, it is classed as a ruderal. I have seen it come up go to flower and produce seed in 3 to 4 weeks.

CrookDog

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Bruce Banner Auto
Great write up Hobbes..... Love it bra

pop22

Frankensteins Lab Leader
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Ask the for sphere test data. I've yet to see an LED light using lenses produce PPF numbers like they are claiming. Lenses reduce output by 10% or more so I'm not buying their claims without proof.

@Son of Hobbes i have been in contact with Tom stachfield from foshe lighting. These guys are legit af and seem to have the most powerful lights around. I told him I would get you to reach out about becoming a vendor. He seemed pretty stoked. He is the senior Vp of sales so it sounds like he could be able to make decisions. They do webinars and stuff also. I am gonna reach out on the other channels I have for you about this as well

derek420colorado

G.O.A.T
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
DAAAAABS
Ask the for sphere test data. I've yet to see an LED light using lenses produce PPF numbers like they are claiming. Lenses reduce output by 10% or more so I'm not buying their claims without proof.
You know I am damn sure gonnna ask! I def don’t know enough about leds and everything sounds good to me!

So what should I ask for? A ppfd map or chart. Or like a video of them doing a par test?

MasonJarOG

Auto Warrior
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Organic Cannabis
Nicely written!

ChefGreen

Auto Warrior
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
do we have a sponsor that offers landrace/true breeding (heterozygous) ruderalis seeds?

Dreminem169

Auto Warrior
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
do we have a sponsor that offers landrace/true breeding (heterozygous) ruderalis seeds?
Not an AFN sponsor that I know of, but the Russian Landrace Bureau has some great landrace auto’s. You can get them here ⬇ as well as other seedbanks, just not sure which ones. Maybe someone else can chime in.