Indoor Grow Ruderalis - where to get them so I can breed

Discussion in 'Autoflower Breeding: How To & Independent Projects' started by karlkutta, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Columbo

Columbo Auto Warrior

Currently Smoking:
    Zkittlez, Phantom OG
    A few pictures of recent success making female pollen from my HWS High Density Auto.

DSC_0854 (Large).JPG

DSC_0854 (Large).JPG

DSC_0855 (Large).JPG

Attached Files:

SUNDOG likes this.
  2. Columbo

Columbo Auto Warrior

Currently Smoking:
    Zkittlez, Phantom OG
    One thing to keep in mind...... Autoflower trait, from the Ruderallis plant is a recessive gene, not dominant. Photoperiod is dominant So if you cross a landrace strain with any Auto, even Lowrider #2, or the original Mexican Rudy, your resulting seeds are still going to be photoperiod. They may not be as large as the original landrace, but will still require that shorter growing daylight to trigger, or stimulate the flowering. You'd have to keep crossing the resulting seeds, again with Autoflower and those hybrids will eventually throw a seed or two that is Autoflower. When you have that autoflower you want, you want to turn a branch into female pollen and use that pollen to cross itself and sort of lock in better that Autoflower trait.

3. William

William Auto Warrior

Right. I've been reading the breeder threads. I'm confident about finding auto traits its going to take so many years, myself that's the anticipation. :) flavor, chemotypes and growth structure coupled along with the recessive auto trait. I'm so en'thralled with the WoS Hindu kush short stuff ryders really beautiful very colorful.

To capture the full uniformity of auto/heritage kush, stick to the F1 IBL, you can see the full expression of the cross and find better successive recombination from separate filial generations to crossbreed the IBL's, No backcross. Photoperiods can have short lifecycles indoors. I wouldn't rule out shared plant beds in f2, grow out as many as possible for the full range of expressions for those characteristic coveted traits and cross them together for uniform recombination. Dont mean to hijack It just takes more time and effort. Really beautiful very colorful to crossbreed original kush ryder seeds today (some years) Then select the most uniform cultivar of that breed/blend and outcross it to Heritage kush.

Of course pertaining to ruderalis i would consider backcross, like were said only considering the auto and fast and early flowering characteristic traits telling apart from dwarf outdoor hemp. There are allele frequency from successive grows to produce sensimilla resin, I believe. So when the stars align genomically, the plant excretes a lot of resin. You know, some will have lots of resin but not the same terpene. So from the F1/f2 You have to find and stabilize The thc BT allele frequency you will get a mixed ratio i forgot the ratio but in segregation its like 25% thc dominant, 25% cbd dominant and 50% 1:1 but you must look it up and read about thc/cbd resin allele inheritance. i think mendels laws apply up to 50% of the thc Dominant chemotypes will have higher resin proportions in the f3 progeny but after that its only 25% and drops to like 12% and so on but the precursor allele for CBG the ruderalis plants may or may not be so much resinous with cbg to produce much resin. The allele cbg frequency of the photoperiod combined with ruderalis for more thc resin the same laws apply, you need plants with high frequencies of resin 50% at f3 gen, so select and cross plants based on the extremes (cross the plants with more resin with each other) make other cultivars of other coveted traits like flavor, flower and structure. and crossbreed that with the resin cultivar when your ready like keep developing the resin cultivar filial gen to F6-F12 and crossbreed that with your other IBL cultivars for the best successive recombination of the hybrid ibl.

I may have gotten the CBG/THC allele frequencies and resin quantity confused, It may just be the same frequency for the resin quantity, CBG and dominant THC chemotype BT allele converting cbg to thc. The sum of the frequencies for all alleles at the locus must equal one.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
    SUNDOG likes this.