• The Autoflower Conversational

Weekly Topics:

1. Myth Busting - Autoflowers Revegging (can autoflowers reveg? Give us your thoughts!)

Come give us your thoughts; we want to hear from you!
  • We're looking for grower submissions for any autoflowers that they have had tested by a lab or using a home testing device. The idea is to create a grouping of tests that we can use a resource to show growers (both new and experienced) what kind of cannabinoids and terpenes some of the strains we're growing are testing out with!

Appreciate any help and consideration! Click here for the thread!

Scrubber on constantly or intermittent?

karlkutta

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Hello all. I have a scrubber with a speed regulator and wanted to see what people think it's better, constant on, running on low, or intermittent on/off with somewhat faster speed.

Thanks
Karl

bushmasterar15

Auto Warrior
Staff member
AFN Global Moderator
AFN Gladiator
Reaction score
Don't run a scrubber till they start preflower and putting off some smells. Then it's running 24/7 on low setting

Hypathetical Gardener

Always learning
AFN Gladiator
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Deez Nuggs x Sour Crinkle
Hello all. I have a scrubber with a speed regulator and wanted to see what people think it's better, constant on, running on low, or intermittent on/off with somewhat faster speed.

Thanks
Karl
I run 24/7. In the winter with low 20s ambient humidity, the grow room is still around 40s. In the summer the ambient humidity can be as high as 70 in the house with ac. But with the fan on 247 and circulation fans, i havent had any mold or rot issues yet.

BII

Reaction score
Why not run intermittent using a thermostat switch/outlet? That way you maintain constant temperature and still get more than enough fresh air pulled in.

Little Brother

Half-witted, underachieving observer...
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
cat hair
there is a device i use and i love it. inkbird humidity/temperature controller. many different models. you can get one that just does heating/cooling and hook it to your fan and set the temp ranges for when it comes on. i haven't had it long enough to use it during the stinky part of the grow so i don't know if it is required to be running fan constant or not.
if smell gets out during fan break periods, you might try some ona gel to supplement the fan.

DCLXVI

Non smoker
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Old Man Kostas
@Little Brother - Hey I know it's an old thread but does that ink bird controller have an alarm sound on it when the settings get out of range? I looked at those the other day but I didn't see anyone mention how the alarm feature worked. Thanks!

Little Brother

Half-witted, underachieving observer...
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
cat hair
i've not had the alarm go off. i set the humidity alarm for something like 40%rh and the temp for something like 95°F because i know it will stay within those parameters. the alarm is separate setting from the primary temp/humidity setting, so you can set the alarm to only alert you if something is really wrong. i assume it makes a beep of some sort

WildBill

Auto Warrior
AFN Gladiator
Reaction score
Scrubbers are on when the hatch in the conning tower shuts and they shut down when the bubbleheads open the hatches to get fresh "unfarted
air coming back to port!