• Come join us as we welcome Horticulture Lighting Group to the Autoflower Network!

We have an official representative from HLG that will be active on the forum to answer your questions, several units that are coming for our official product testing (grow and show's,) and we'll be working together to provide better information on lighting in general!

Come say hello!
  • Do you LOVE AFN?? bighug We do too!! But we need your help to keep the servers running!

If you feel like AFN has been useful in your journey and would like to help us pay some of the bills, we have a gofundme page setup for donations.
    Any amount that you can spare will be gratefully received

Click [HERE] to donate to AFN

New Grower Second Auto Grow in the Auto Garage.

Auto Garage

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Today I installed some stuff I have been working on. Mostly upgrades to existing systems and stuff. Actual plant stuff should start showing up later in the week as I'm waiting on a few packs before I make my final decision. So today it's just nerd stuff.

IMG_0773.jpg

I made a reducer for this air filter. I can now just slip on a six inch pipe for my passive air intake

IMG_0776.jpg

By dumb luck, it fits perfectly in the tent's opening. I was pretty pleased with the fit and finish for something that was so ham fisted in design.

IMG_0778.jpg

I made a bracket to hang my tower fan upside down.
IMG_0779.jpg

With a couple zip ties and ratchet hangers I was able to hang it in the corner and can adjust it up and down pretty easily.

IMG_0780.jpg

Last but not least I made a new cold air intake for the medium tent. I've got a filter housing that hooks up to this one printing right now. I have to cut those bolts down, but my cutters have gone missing once again.

Zeromitch

13 autos 0 photos
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Grandaddy Purple, Blue Dream
I used clear solo cups thinking it would be cool to see root growth then i learned roots don't like light so i put another cup around them to protect the roots from light. i did not prep my cups at all just 4 drain holes at bottom.

This video is how i will do solo cups in the future if at all since autos like to be in their final home from seed to finish with low stress preventing stunting but if i were to do solo cups again this video is how i would do it.

Zeromitch

13 autos 0 photos
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Today I installed some stuff I have been working on. Mostly upgrades to existing systems and stuff. Actual plant stuff should start showing up later in the week as I'm waiting on a few packs before I make my final decision. So today it's just nerd stuff.

View attachment 1301378
I made a reducer for this air filter. I can now just slip on a six inch pipe for my passive air intake

View attachment 1301379
By dumb luck, it fits perfectly in the tent's opening. I was pretty pleased with the fit and finish for something that was so ham fisted in design.

View attachment 1301381
I made a bracket to hang my tower fan upside down.
View attachment 1301382
With a couple zip ties and ratchet hangers I was able to hang it in the corner and can adjust it up and down pretty easily.

View attachment 1301383
Last but not least I made a new cold air intake for the medium tent. I've got a filter housing that hooks up to this one printing right now. I have to cut those bolts down, but my cutters have gone missing once again.
That looks like my tower fan, man i wanted to do that and i think i will now to save space in my small tent.
wondering how i would do it without that bracket hmmmm
i like your ideas for sure

Auto Garage

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
That looks like my tower fan, man i wanted to do that and i think i will now to save space in my small tent.
wondering how i would do it without that bracket hmmmm
i like your ideas for sure
You could probably do the same with some bailing wire or just a lot of zip ties wrapped around the base below the nut that screws onto the end. I don't think it would be too hard to fabricate something. Thanks for the video, I think that's what I'll do as well.

Zeromitch

13 autos 0 photos
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
You could probably do the same with some bailing wire or just a lot of zip ties wrapped around the base below the nut that screws onto the end. I don't think it would be too hard to fabricate something. Thanks for the video, I think that's what I'll do as well.
No problem on the video it was suggested to me when i screwed up my transplant, spread the word if you see others struggling with solos

I'll use zip ties and get it going today before i run out of room.
now the only issue is the humidifier on the ground, i want it hanging as well but that might be a pain due to the tank coming off the top. I'll just stack bricks up or something to raise it.

Zeromitch

13 autos 0 photos
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Thanks for the idea, mine was a bit different than yours but i made it work with some zip ties and a clamp for the cord that was wanting it to oscillate the wrong way now i have a bit more room, now i just need a fix for the humidifier.

20210329_154213.jpg

Auto Garage

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Awesome! Keep an eye on it and stress test it in a couple days to make sure those zip ties are adequate. Maybe add a couple extra just for good measure? I have my fan running right now to make sure it doesn't come loose and fall when plants get in there. Your girls are looking really good! I followed your grow. Can't wait to see what happens in flower.
Thanks for the idea, mine was a bit different than yours but i made it work with some zip ties and a clamp for the cord that was wanting it to oscillate the wrong way now i have a bit more room, now i just need a fix for the humidifier.

View attachment 1301975

Auto Garage

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
I've finally been able to get going! I'm pretty excited. I've got 3 strains going right now. I decided on going with 3 Double Grape (Mephisto), 3 Landlocked Funk (Binary Selections) and 3 Mexican Airlines (Fast Buds).

For the seedlings I mixed the following soil:
2 parts FFOF
1 part Peat Moss mixed with 30% Perlite
1 Tablespoon of Myco Bliss

I used the split cup method with 12 ounce cups.

Before placing the beans, I watered in aprox 2-3fl oz of plain water.

I keep em under the hood until I start to see em pop.
Once above the surface, I'll switch to the humidifier and get em up around 70-80% and then drop it over the next couple days to around 60%
IMG_0784.JPEG

Last edited:

Auto Garage

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Seven days later all popped and have started to put on their first set of true leaves. One Mexican Airlines crashed and burned so we're down to 2 plants in the 2x4. Probably better for airflow in the long run. Temps were a little low this week so I feel like they are a bit behind. I mean, a lot of people talk about transplant at 7-8 days. Maybe they will take off with the better temps this week.
Current Temp: 71
Current Humidity: 63%
IMG_0799.jpg

Zeromitch

13 autos 0 photos
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
You can transplant when you are ready, i doubt the plants will even know whats going on since you did the split cup method :smoking: