1. Auto Warriors/AFN T-Shirts now available! 11oz & 15oz mugs now available! Can & Bottle Koozies/Can Koolers now available! Mouse Pads now available! Stop by the Appalachian Groove Works Thread to see new AFN Gear! Much more to come!!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey everyone just an FYI, we are in the process of upgrading our server to a faster machine with better storage and security which should equate to better performance when browsing the site. We appreciate your guys and gals patience if there are any slow-downs or hiccups beyond the norm and when it's all said and done we're looking forward to seeing a faster running site! Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Ever think to yourself "I have a great idea for a contest on AFN?" Now's your chance to show us what you've got! We're going to gather member suggested contests and put them to a community voted poll and the winning idea will be hosted as a contest on AFN with a donated vendor prize package! Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey guys, in an effort to consolidate forums and keep things from being redundant, we have decided to merge "Live Stoner Chat" and "Introductions" into one single forum. The Live Stoner Chat thread still exists and will be stickied at the top but that will be the new home for it and we're hoping that newcomers to the site will have to take that one less step to jump into our most popular thread on the site! Thanks for understanding and see you in the chat!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. AFN is now hiring volunteer member managers to help cover sections of the forum and particular areas of expertise! Send a PM to @Son of Hobbes for more information!
    Dismiss Notice

Seedling decided to flop..Dark under leaves?

Discussion in 'AFN Autoflower Infirmary for Sick Plants' started by SpiffyFoxx, Aug 12, 2017 at 4:21 PM.

1. SpiffyFoxx

SpiffyFoxx Welcome to the CannaZone

Currently Smoking:
    Raspberry Kush
    That makes sense, and seeing how the root was that seems to be exactly what happened. Woops! :eek1:
    The dome is actually a water bottle half. Should I poke a few holes for a bit of air?
    I have done research, maybe not enough? I do plan on buying new nutes soon. Have GH flora and just found that they're now in relation with Monsanto.. Gross. Any nute recommendations, or has it maybe not effected the formulas? I put a bit of calmag, just didn't want to add other nutes yet because I've read some say it's not good to supply them yet. ph is 6.1 When do you suggest starting them?
    Yep, drain to waste. I have some bottle caps under the inner cups so that any run off isn't getting soaked back up. When I move them into their fabric pots they'll be on a rack over some trays, and I do plan to continue using the coco. Don't like soil, it's a mess that attracts bugs.

@Mañ'O'Green I'd hope that's what it was, I mixed it in. :mrgreen: I just meant that the roots weren't stuck in the perlite, sorry I wasn't clear on that.
    I'll keep the cup thing in mind, see how they're doing, and give them a little more humidity if they seem like they need it.

So far the girl scouts [her tent buddy] is doing great. The Green crack [the one i fudged up] is doing better I think. the mid section of the little 'pincers' seemed to have wilted a little, but there's a bit of new green growth beneath that, which before was just white all the way. Fingers crossed. Will give an update in the morning to see how she's doing after just giving her more support.

Waira likes this.
  2. Waira

Waira Growing strange,... Staff Member Vibe Guardian (SA)

Currently Smoking:
    Chiesel, Kali-Tooth, Lambsbread
    ...don't think you need the dome mate, unless your ambient RH is below 40%,and temps are fairly high- 80's,... Coc is an excellent medium, but it's sooo not soil, a very common mistake made by new users of it,... amazing breathing and water retention/release,.. always buy high quality stuff, coco has to be aged and majorly rinsed/cation buffered before it's usable, (high Na and k content in native state)... read up in our section here, and Canna coco USA has a great website for info too,.. it's a bit of a hunt to gather it up, but it's there, and their nutes are excellent too! yeah, Monsanto :finger:- a four letter word indeed! the own GH/GO,.. but the nutes are OK so far,. lots of good grows here with them as well,... AN too, but their $$ and the way they split things up into a shitload of different bottles is a scam,..:backside:...... Ca and Mg are secondary nutes, not like primary NPK,...that's where the trouble starts usually when added too soon,.. but as mentioned, coco is basically barren, so by 1 week, weak nutes should be started,... how much to dilute depends on the brand, and specifically, the NPK #'s,...usually, 1/4 strength is OK,... if you ever need to flush for reals, you cannot do it like it's done with true soil! If there's a serious problem,salt build up, major pH issue, that's when you can flush,.. use RO/Di water, add Ca-mg to 150 ppm, then add150ppm of nutes, pH adjust to 6.0,.. pour through until run-off is at or near what's going in,.. likely 2-3x pot volume,.. a clearing/flushing agent can help facilitate this,...
    :smoking: coco can be plagued with gnats, so heads up on that! but i get your point, some soils come "gifted" with these vermins already! Good stuff, properly store should be free of them though,... that's on the store to do that, and you the consumer to see how they treat their goods! :pass:

Penrey likes this.
  3. Mañ'O'Green

Mañ'O'Green Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN

IMHO the best inexpensive nutrients are Dyna-Gro; I have had many successful grows using them. There are many good brands out there depending on how much you can invest. Use the entire line of any brand you decide on. Do not mix brands. The companies spend lots of money and time developing their additives to work with their products. It is complicated so mixing your own is a recipe for trouble.

I am currently using House & Garden because I got free samples of the entire line at a vendor show. My current grow "The Incredible Bulk Adventure" has a lot of information on what I am doing with nutrients. So far I really like them.

Waira and SpiffyFoxx like this.
  4. SpiffyFoxx

Currently Smoking:
    Raspberry Kush
    @Waira
    Alright, the levels stay pretty steady, so I'll remove the domes xP Thanks for all the tips and help!
    keeping DE in my stuff.. a friend of mine had spider mites recently, and I definitely don't want those. Won't be going near his grow room again for a while now that I have mine started. As soon as I diagnosed the infested plant, I immediately knew I had to shower and change as soon as I got home. He tossed that one but for all I know they're on the others.
    @Mañ'O'Green
    Thanks man, I'll check it out.

Waira likes this.
  5. Mañ'O'Green

Smart move, I change clothes and shower any time I go to the hydro shop before getting near my garden. Don't know where you live but don't grow Marigolds in your yard; they are a magnet for spider mites. Most likely his whole grow area is infested.

Penrey, Waira and SpiffyFoxx like this.
  6. SpiffyFoxx

Currently Smoking:
    Raspberry Kush
    I'll keep that in mind, I was considering it to make tea, but not anymore. XD Don't have a yard (apartment) but flies and what not do seem to have a myserious way of getting in here..
    How about Roman Chamomile? Does that attract anything in particular?

Waira likes this.
  7. Mañ'O'Green

I have grown Chamomile as a companion plant and only remember aphids as a problem? I don't have any now.

Waira likes this.
  8. SpiffyFoxx

Currently Smoking:
    Raspberry Kush
    Tips for dealing wit aphids?

Waira likes this.
  9. SpiffyFoxx

Currently Smoking:
    Raspberry Kush
    She flopped over again.. looks like the part of the stem I burred for support shriveled up..burried her a little deeper. Root looks longer..still no hairs.
    @Waira ...?
    I don't think there's any saving her if she flops over again..

Waira likes this.
  10. Waira

Waira Growing strange,... Staff Member Vibe Guardian (SA)

Currently Smoking:
    Chiesel, Kali-Tooth, Lambsbread
    :smoking: Thanks Man-O'! .... yes, my infirmary buddy Nammy uses Dyna-Gro, and I use the Foliage Pro for some plants (trying organics lately) including my orchids, and always use Pro-Tekt (Si supplement, Spiffy),..Good products, well balanced (N-P-K ratios) nutes,....H&G is popular too,... I did forget to mention the Grow More Sea Grow line too, an old school fav',...BUT they do need diluting though, as they're strong (16-16-16 all purpose; 4-26-26 Bloom),... Also good general advise on the brand mixing- :thumbsup:... it's OK, IF you know what you're doing, have a solid handle on what all the NPK inputs are, as well as secondary/micro-nutes,... but generally, most multi-part line-up's have their nute element balances split up for both chemical compatibility, and in some cases- *cough Advanced Nutrients cough*- split them up even further so you have to buy 15 f'ing different bottles of very expensive shizzle to get a truly complete nutrition profile,..point is, Spiffy, if you cobble mixed brands together it's possible to come up short on some things, too much on others, maybe some chemical incompatibility too...
    Oh, yes, freebies! Some shops will have sample kits (Elite nutes comes to mind), others you can go to their website and ask for a free kit (Nectar For the Gods, maybe Humboldts Own?),.... in any case, it's wise to have some things separate, like Ca-Mg, Si, seaweed, humic-fulvics, and micronutes (Earth Juice makes one of the best, Microblast),... that way if you have a specific deficiency(s), you cna treat more precisely instead of shotgun blasting and overloading with what you may not need,... :greenthumb:
    DE is not something I'd put ON the plant, except maybe in early veg',.. it's made of the microscopic "skeletons" of marine algae, basically SiO2- glass!... some are CaCO3,... it's just not that effective for something like mites anyway, it's a mechanical killer, meaning they need to be covered in it to work well,... messy shit too! If you need to War, use dedicated products for this,.. my favorites are Azamax (neem derivative) and a spinosad product, a 1-2 punch that works better together than each alone,... fairly broad spectrum to,... get yourself some wetting agent as well! I like Coco-Wet,.. this stuff takes the surface tension out of the solution you spray, so it coats and sticks much better, instead of just beading up... penetrates better on vermins,... any foliar treatment for defc.'s too; basically, the more surface area covered, the more absorbed,...
    :doh:Gaaahhh! .. sounds like she's done for Spiffy, withering like that is the End,... damage done,....some activity at either end may continue briefly, but that's it,... time to hatch another!

Penrey likes this.