Completed  Grow Battle Show Case 2019 Seedstockers Grower of the Year 2019

Discussion in 'Seed Stockers' started by TheMongol, Dec 21, 2018.

?

Vote for the Best Seedstockers Plant, 3 votes.

Poll closed May 1, 2019.
    TheMongol
You may select up to 3 choices. Your vote will be publicly visible.
  1. Mikis

Mikis Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN Gladiator Level 2

Currently Smoking:
    Stardawg
    Im doin fruit cake, unreleased same as the minty crack!

Bailey, Splitty37, Boradan and 2 others like this.
  2. Threadmark: woody updates
    TheMongol

TheMongol Mongol Madness Staff Member Global Moderator (SA)

Currently Smoking:
    Nothing
    [​IMG]

Thats germination begun.
    Running with nicole cream in seedstockers

01/30/19
    @TheMongol ive re-germed my seedstockers. Nicole kush had 1 fail and 1 i didnt like the look of.
    So im germing my last 2 nicole kush and the bcn critical xxl
    [​IMG]

Day 4 - Bcn critical xxl

4 x 15min feeds daily
    Ph-6.0
    Ppm-300

[​IMG][​IMG]
    This was my week 3 update but girls are only on week 2 cause of germ problems

Day 10 for the bcn critical xxls

Drippers on for 15mins 6 times daily.
    Ppm-350
    Ph- 5.9
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Week 4 update bcn critical xxl

I've choosen bcn #1 as my battle plant as its the bigger plant otherwise they'rr identical.

[​IMG]
    week

Bcn critical xxl day 26

Still under 240w of led
    Getting fed 550ppm of flora trio with added calmag
    She is still in full veg mode

[​IMG]

Day 31 update

I bumped the light up to 75% 360w Drippers are on 15mins every 3 hours. Feed is at 550ppm and PH 6.0
    1.5ml/L grow micro bloom
    0.5ml shogun calmag
    0.5ml cyco silica
    0.5ml sm90

Bcn #1 Starting to form preflowers

[​IMG][​IMG]

Seedstockers update

Bcn critical xxl day 38
    Lights still on 75% 360w
    Drippers are on 15mins every 3 hours. Feed is at 600ppm and PH 6.0
    1.5ml/L grow micro bloom
    1ml shogun calmag
    0.5ml cyco silica
    0.5ml sm90

Still stretching and just into preflower. Going to need a fair bit of supercropping to keep an even canopy

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Day 51 bcn critical xxl

Lights still on 75% 360w
    Feeds on 15min every 2 hours
    2.5ml bloom
    2ml micro
    0.5ml grow
    0.5ml density
    0.5ml sm90
    So bloom nutes are pushed up and grow is lowered. Added 0.5ml/L of density pk booster- first time trying it out.

Shes really filled out this last week 3 foot tall and full of bud sites [​IMG][​IMG]
    week 9 update

Seedstockers BCN Critical xxl

Day 53
    Lights still on 75% 360w
    Drippers are on 15mins every 2 hours. Feed is at 650ppm and PH 6.0
    0.5ml/L grow 2.0ml micro 2.5ml bloom 1ml shogun calmag 1ml Density pk 13/14 0.5ml sm90

Really impressed with how this girl is growing. Heading for a 10oz+ plant

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2019
  3. Threadmark: The Mugwamp updates
    TheMongol

Currently Smoking:
    Nothing
    Jeez I'm thinking I may be a tad out of my depth here [​IMG] couldn't even find a decent pen,,,,,, hope this is ok @TheMongol [​IMG] they are now in wet paper towel inside Zip lock bag in airing cupboard,,,,,

01/30/19
    Day 7 Above Ground Update Seedstockers Candy Dawg Auto
    All looking good so far :d5: will start her on nutes next feed :weed:
    [​IMG]

Seedstockers Battle Candy Dawg
    Day 14 Above Coco
    All looking good apart from some of the leaves cupping a little at the edges, I assume it's to do with the heat in my tent, temps range from around 23c to 30c depending on which way the wind blows lol,,,, 7 days ago I started feeding, GHE Micro 0.6/l, Grow 0.9/l, Bloom 0.3/l and Vitalink Cal/mag 0.5/l ph'd to around 5.8, under 250w mh :pass:
    [​IMG]

Seedstockers Battle
    Candy Dawg Auto
    Day 21 Above Ground

Changes i made this week are i topped above 4th node on day 16 and did some leaf tucking, apart from that feed/light etc the same as last week :headbang:[​IMG]All looking good as far as I can tell, Second grow and first time topping :yoinks:so not too sure what to expect, but everything looks ok and she seems healthy

Day 28 Above Ground
    Seedstockers Battle
    Candy Dawg Auto

Only changes this week are i changed feed to pre flower as she's started putting out pistils :d5: GHE Micro 1ml/l, Grow 1ml/l and Bloom .7ml/l, still under 250w mh, will switch to 250w hps when she's fully in flower!!!! Or should I change now? Light is about 12in above canopy and temps around 29° :joy:[​IMG]
    Seedstockers Battle
    Candy Dawg Auto
    Day 35 Above Ground

All looking good, she's fully into flower mode :d5: changes this week are i swapped out the 250w mh to the 250w hps dual spectrum, changed her feed to flowering, GHE Micro 0.8ml/l, Grow 0.4ml/l, Bloom 1.2ml/l and Cal/Mag 0.5ml/l ph'd to around 6.3, I've also removed a few leaves here and there that were overlapping or covering any bud sites, light is around 10/12 in above canopy and temps around 25c to 30c:toke:[​IMG][​IMG]
    Seedstockers Battle
    Candy Dawg Auto
    Day 42 Above Ground

No changes this week apart from accidentally snapping one of her heads :cuss: not completely off thankfully!!! so hopefully she'll glue herself back together :bow: Apart from that she's all good :d5:[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Seedstockers Battle
    Candy Dawg Auto
    Day 49 Above Ground

Only changes this week are i removed a few more fan leaves apart from that everything pretty much the same, temps around 25c and 65% rh :joy:[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Seedstockers Battle
    Candy Dawg Auto
    Week 8
    Day 56 Above Ground

No changes to report :shrug: temps and rh still all over the shop, 21c to 28c and the rh up around 85% at times, probably not ideal but not alot I can do about it, feed still the same, Ghe micro 0.8ml/l grow 0.4ml/l and bloom 1.2ml/l cal/mag 0.5ml/l ph'd to around 6.3 ish :rofl:[​IMG][​IMG]
    Seedstockers Battle
    Candy Dawg Auto
    Week 9 Day 63

No changes to report :shrug: just a case of feed, turn, wait and repeat :rofl: she's just about done I think so will stop adding nutes to her feed in a day or so. Temps and rh have been more stable this week around 25c and 65% rh :smoking:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Seedstockers Battle
    Candy Dawg Auto
    Week 10 Day 70
    Final Update

Only changes this week were I reduced her feed gradually over the last week, apart from that i just let her do what she does best :headbang: Still watering daily, roughly a litre at a time, temps around 25c and rh 60% :toke: I'll be taking her down at the weekend all being well :woohoo:[​IMG][​IMG]
    Seedstockers Battle
    Candy Dawg Auto
    Day 72 Harvest Day

She's been a joy and pretty easy to grow, even for a novice like me :crying:
    Grown in 3 gal fabric pot with coco and perlite, using GHE trio under 250w mh/hps :toke:
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2019
  4. Threadmark: Only1Sky updates
    TheMongol

Currently Smoking:
    Nothing
  5. Threadmark: Mikis updates
    TheMongol

Currently Smoking:
    Nothing
    [​IMG]

Seed Stockers Fruit Cake!
    Week 1 update.

Changes made.
    Potted up into gold label hydrococo in autopots.
    Added a humidifier and switched to hps light to get conditions in check.
    Will be going on the timer tonight on 20/4 schedule.
    First feed since initial soaking of the medium will be tomorrow.

So far so good!! Except from a bit of spotting on the leaves of the smaller one after transplant all the new growth is looking nice and fresh!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Seed Stockers Fruit Cake.
    Week 2 Update.

Both girls plodding along fine.
    One has slowed down on vertical growth but is fattening out nicely. The other is starting to shoot for the sky!
    They were given their second feed the other night and il turn on the autopots tomorrow!
    I will also top them both tomorrow.
    There is now a third fruit cake seedling in the tent and two wee weird looking og kush will join in the next couple of days also.
    No changes made to feed or conditions.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

UPDATE WEEK 3!

Seed Stockers, Fruit Cake auto!

Changes made...
    Both plants were topped, i have taken them back off the res as i was seeing some signs of over watering! The autopot system is fine, i believe these girls aren't that thirsty! They enjoy there feed, just dont like lots of it! Im going to let them dry out a bit then stick them back on the res!
    The smaller one isnt branching out too well bit the bigger one is still on track!

I took them out the tent to see them under normal light to check the damage from the ph fluctuation so grabbed a few pics, but my battery was low and flash wouldnt work so they look shit lol!!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    UPDATE Week 4

Seed Stockers, Fruit Cake auto.

Changes made...
    I have swapped from vinnys choice grow and common to Busygrows Hydro grow. It is an all in one base feed that comes in a powdered form. Plants seem to like it!!
    I snapped the same branch twice doin some lst :wall: so out came the leccy tape to bandage her up and she bounced right back. The stems on these are chunky and solid so need to take it real easy when bending the branches on them!! Also i removed some of the bigger fan leaves to open them up a bit.
    No sign of flower yet.

Lights still at 20/4 cycle.

Feed used...
    Hydro Grow, 0.75 grams per litre.
    Roots Excelurator
    Cal/mag
    Liquid silicon.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Im declaring this my Seed Stockers battle plant ✌✌

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

A lot of you guys are in flower already, im just starting the preflower stretch!

Watch your backs boys, slow and steady wins the race :amazon:
    UPDATE WEEK 5.

Seed Stockers - Fruit Cake auto.

Changes made...
    Not a damn thing lol!!
    I was contemplating giving them another round of lst but decided just to let them branch out and do their own thing!!

Progress...
    Both plants coming along nicely, the battle plant is smaller and bushier, the other is really starting to stretch for the sky!
    Some nice white pistols are starting to grow on both plants so we are now in the flowering stage! Another week of veg nutes then my bloom program will be starting! I'll also be switching the 400w for a 600w hps probably around the same time!

The stretchy bastard...
    [​IMG]

First signs of flower...
    [​IMG]

My battle bitch lol...
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

And a tent shot just for good measure...
    [​IMG]
    Week 6 Update.

Seed Stockers Fruit Cake Auto.

Changes.
    Nothing except a good flush due to the ph being way too low! Whoops!!!

Observations.
    Shes a hungry bitch! Only drinks about a litre a day but she likes her cocktails on the stronger side! Will start adding Busygrows Bud Juice this week!

Not much else to report for now, pics are shite cos the light in the room is shite also lol!!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    UPDATE WEEK 7.

Seed Stockers Fruit Cake auto.

Changes made.
    I have now started adding Busygrow Bud Juice at 0.5g per litre. This will be increased by 0.5g each week untill the fourth week then a week of solid before a week of flush!

Observations.
    Both plants growing at the same rate, allbeit a little slow for my liking! Well a big slow if im being honest!! When taking into consideration that these plants are getting 8 hours more light than my flowering photoperiods, i would have thought they would be more advanced than they are!
    Looking at the calendar, we only have 6 and a bit weeks left, so either these plants better hurry up and get their groove on or i might need to either chop it early or let them go a bit longer and miss the battle deadline!! Either way i think this may be my last proper run of autos!! The plan for the next round of battles is to run the photoperiod version of fruit cake to see what performs better!

A couple of night-time pics ✌✌

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Update week 8

Changes.
    No changes made this week!

Observations.
    Growing slower than a mofo!! I had high hopes for these girls, now i just cant wait till they're finished and i can pop some fresh seeds. I dont doubt they will produce some nice buds but i wont be growing them again any time soon!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

UPDATE WEEK 10 (whilst watching rangers beat motherwell :d5:)

Changes made.
    Stopped using Roots Excelurator and swapped bud juice for megabloom at 3/4 strength!
    Added two 12v fans for a bit of air circulation!
    Last night was the last time they will be removed from the tent as they are just too big to squeeze through the door! So a few dying leaves were removed from the bottom of the plants!

Observations!
    The battle plant has a skunky smell to it and is developing faster than her sister!
    The taller of the two smells exactly like a summer fruits solero ice cream lol! Sorry for the non uk peeps but i dont what else to compare the smell to other than that because it does smell exactly like it!!
    Still taking ages to produce buds, I'll not be harvesting by the may deadline but i might be able to get a half decent pic out of her!
    Next round im defo going photoperiod, just sitting having to wonder when they will be finished is driving me more nuts than i a
    already am lol!!

The battle plant...

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Her taller twin sister...

Their fugly younger sister...

Update week 12

No changes made, still plodding along at its own pace! Finally filling out a bit more and thc production has started! A few pistols turning orange but its still throwing out fresh white ones also so im guessing still another 2-3 weeks for this one! ✌✌

Seed Stockers Fruit Cake auto

Final pics...

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Unfortunately i cant get any pics under better light so I'll let you decide what pic to use for the polls ✌✌

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2019
  6. Threadmark: Growtogrow updates
    TheMongol

Currently Smoking:
    Nothing
    [​IMG]

01/16/19
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

01/30/19
    2nd pre battle update.
    Seed Stocker OG Kush Auto
    It might be a little chilly in my grow room temperatures are around 60° to 70° degrees give or take. It's very cold outside these days temperature right now ¬9°f and wind chill ¬27° below 0°f
    [​IMG]

Update Seedstockers OG Kush

Haven't really done anything with this girl other than keep light on and water. I missed my 7-Day throwing it in the bigger pot schedule. I had a lot of things that I haven't been able to take care of in my life right now so it's hard to concentrate on this plant just now.

But overall she's looking very good and we'll be transplanting her into the 25 gallon super soil pot this week.
    The super soil that I've made that she's in right now is done very well.
    She has one T5 light over top of her it's a two foot by 4 bulb T5.
    And is about 4 in above the top of this plant.
    The super soil is my mix and seems to be doing very well with my other plants. The soil is extraordinary combination that I've used and is off the chain.
    It's the best that I've made so far in my life.
    So for those of you who know me you know I don't use measurements it's a handful this or shovel full of that a cup of this a coffee can of full that...[​IMG]
    So there's no Pacific recipe don't bother asking me I'll just tell you what I use figure it out for yourself LOL... No I'll help you best I can.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

SeedStockers OG Kush
    Week 3...
    26 days above ground.

Last update I transplanted to 25 gallon friber pot with my custom soil. I also added 600w MH light at 18 hours a day. At 20 inchs above the top of plant.
    Temps are still low. Between 51° to 71°f at the highest for maybe an hour or 2.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Seedstockers grow battle
    OG Kush Auto

Week 4 update competition.
    week 6 since germination.

Well as you can see she's doing pretty good she's still under a 600w MH and as soon as she starts throwing some flower signs I'll switch over to the 315CMH 31k bulb.
    As you can see it probably needs a little LST and I will do that later on today slaking maybe a little bit but I did do some leave tucking over the weekend and I think that's helped a little bit.
    I raise the light up another 8 inchs. I noticed that the leaves were just trying to curl up or taco just a little bit so I got on it right away and move the light up and it seems to have helped and subsided its Endeavors to become a taco.
    I've added no nutrients to it.
    It is still sucking off my custom soil. I'm hoping I didn't put too much nitrogen in this mix..The organic blood meal seems to be breaking down a little bit quicker than I anticipated in some of my other plants and showing signs in the flower . of those plants.
    I'm not used to Growing Auto again I'm more of a photo guy. Although this is not my first rodeo with Auto. But it is my first time actually paying very close attention to what I'm doing with this auto.
    The ones called The Bleeder and theother one's a Mango hash plant.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    AFN SeedStockers grow battle

Battle plant...
    SeedStockers OG Kush Auto.

Time...
    Week 5 comp
    Week 7 alive and above ground.

Conditions...
    Still colder than normal temps. Running 49°f to 71°f

No topping this. I dont usually top first time running a strain. But like to see what the breeder intended for the plant to be.
    LST and Leaf tucking.

Custom soil seems to need nothing added at this time.
    Nutrient levels seem fine.
    Watering once a week.
    Soil seems to maintain its moisture well.

She seems to be stacking
    and I believe she is about to start flowering. She is starting to throw signs. Soon[​IMG]

Light MH still. Moved the light up another 5 inches. Will be changing to HPS or CMH soon.

Happy growing AFN[​IMG][​IMG]

SeedStockers OG Kush Auto

Week 6
    Day 49

Changed light to 600w HPS
    Day 44

Flowing started on day 44.

Continued LST

Temps are still chilly. @ 51° to 60°f high

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Week 8 Update

Hey AFN[​IMG]
    She has stop growing up.
    Gave her a little trim this week.
    Change the 600w hps to a 315CMH with the 31k bulb.
    2 weeks ago I gave her Earth Juice bloom as a topical.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Update week9
    SeedStockers Og kush

Week 10 and a 1/2 since she broke the surface.

Still just water no extra anything.
    Should finish in time.[​IMG][​IMG]
    Week 10 update @Bailey
    SeedStocker
    OG Kush

She is still throwing leaves?
    I gave her another trim this morning before I took the pictures. She has been throwing a lot of leaves still.
    It's still should finish by the end of the month?
    It just seems like it's taking a long time maybe it's cuz it was so cold in the beginning?
    She's had 18 hours of light a day not much else I can think of that would cus it to be still be popping leaves. But I'm not a auto grower neither so something's are still new to me on growing these autos.

Maybe it's because Auto are so Random still and not consistent.
    Some of you battle gladiators have been done and over with and have smoked your whole plant by now. LoL
    While I and some others are stillgrowing..[​IMG]
    That's not consistency.
    I just don't know?
    But I'm Poppin two more of those seats starting today of the OG Kush Auto from seedstockers and these will be run outside we'll see how they do out there. Going to run them early should Harvest by the end of June Fourth of July around there [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Week 11 up date.
    I'll take this girl to the end to finish the buds.
    She's resinnig up very nicely now
    and the buds are finely starting to show size and dankness of the breeder work.
    Sorry I don't have better pics. I have nooo room in green room. As I'm cloning and planting seedlings every where. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

36b6a97389ccb906b9732d34d3a62ecc.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2019
    Bailey, Exotic Flower, Mikis and 3 others like this.
  7. Threadmark: Medimadness updates
    TheMongol

Currently Smoking:
    Nothing
    [​IMG]

Seedstockers Week 2 Update:

No changes made since last posting, However both plants ticking over nicely.

I apologise for the purple light, I had to throw this post together a little quickly as I have a trial shift tonight and I just had to get it up, will get some true light pics out soon.

Nicole Cream auto day 19 in soil showing full recovery from her initialmalformation:
    [​IMG]
    Candy Dawg Auto day 19 in soil:

[​IMG]

I plan to start them on a light feed schedules from the 21st, unless I see any deficiency before and will begin sone light LST as soon as i can get a little more node spacing from a little light training as they're pretty tight on both ATM.

Peace out AFN

Seedstockers Grow Battle Update

Candy Dawg Auto day 21 in soil: [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Nicole Cream Auto day 21 in soil:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Changes made: Started both on a light Biobizz grow mix at 1ml/l with 1l given each pH'd to the optimum range using a few drops of lemon juice (noticed quite high pH on my water after standing otherwise I wouldn't normally do this using Biobizz as I find it unnecessary when the mix drops to a decent range usually).

Both plants have also been started on a bit of LST, just pulling in one direction and I have removed any growth that would become a hindrance later on the CD and one blocking fan lead from the NC.
    Emphasis on the Low in Low stress training as I have only just began the bend, and with my current set up (safety pin, a few small cable ties and some plant safe ties) it allows me to move the ties around the pot to achieve the spiral affect.
    As you can see both girls have taken well to it so far but I will continue more small adjustments throughout the next few days/weeks.

Environment: RH 48-60%, Until I can afford the larger dehumidifier this will do, but I would love a little more control in this wet basin I live in.
    Temps stable between 24°c- 28.5°c
    Light: 3x 300w LED full spectrum at 20/4

We also have the two feeding schedules for the girls:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Seedstockers Grow Battle Week 3 Update:

Candy Dawg Auto day 25 in soil and my main candidate for the battle due to strength and LST response: Have done two bends on her to try and achieve the z like mainstem shape that has given me good results before and I seem to already have achieved a few dominant colas besides the mainstem so far
    [​IMG]
    Nicole Cream Auto day 25 in soil: done the same on this one but her response is a little strange. Not seeing the sidebranching I would expect.
    [​IMG]

Both have been put on a little Biobizz feed, alternating 0.5ml/l of both Biogrow and fish mix pHd with a couple drops if lemon.
    Seedstockers/ Biggest Battle Week 4 Update

Nicole Cream Auto day 33 in soil:
    This one is now showing great response to LST and is bushing out very nicely. She still seems to have some strange discolouration on the mainstem fan leaves from time to time, however they grow into it and while it's not the dark green of the rest it is still green despite appearances. Still looking into it so if anyone has any clues.

She is very testy when it comes to nutes, withwecen .25ml/l biogrow being too much still. As a result I will be letting her grow in the lightmix for another week before starting her on a lighter schedule than I'd normally go by.

Still making very small LST adjustments for now too. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Candy Dawg Auto day 33 in soil:
    Now this one is amazing, with pistils firing off everywhere you look and so much dominance being redirected by the LST from such a young age that just won't quit. Every bend that is made is minute and yet differences are obvious. Great stuff.
    A bit heavier feeder than the Nicole Cream but still on an alternating schedule while she gets used to it as I've noticed a bit of sensitivity there too.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    I am pretty certain that this one will be my battle plant.
    Week 5 Update Seedstockers

I think I'm going to go ahead and choose my battle plant here since time is swift approaching and I think I have my girl which will be the Candy Dawg Auto.

Battle plant Candy Dawg Auto day 40 I'm soil:

Temps: 24-28c
    RH: 44%-59%

Currently being fed 1ml/l biogrow, 0.5ml/l fishmix, 1ml/l topmax, 2ml/l Alg-a-mic and 0.5ml/l Biobloom for acclimatisation inadvance to bloom switch.

Training is straight LST at early age, resulting in a bush shape canopy with redistribution of dominance from mainstem to many other side branches and allowing the plant to do the rest of the training herself since the structure was designated so young, she should grow into it mostly by herself.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Nicole Cream Auto test plant day 40 in soil: this girl is also doing really well, being treated very similarly to her sister however she seems very K hungry so I've got her on a higher fishmix concentration. She still showing that strange discolouration off the mainstem fan leaves. Still doesn't seem to be affecting growth, however I have no idea how it will develop with age which is why she was relegated from battle plant possible status [​IMG][​IMG]

Either way these plants are very fun to grow, especially since we've reached an important growth milestone with that combo veg/flowering growth stage bride the stretch begins in true earnest.

Peace out

Week 6 Seedstockers Battle Update:

Battle Plant Candy Dawg Auto day 47 in soil and doing fantastically:

Currently receiving 20/4 light, Feeding 1l daily of increasing bloom feed, currently 1.5ml/l biogrow, 1ml/l biobloom and topmax, and 3.5ml/l Alg-a-mic.
    Continuing to receive small LST adjustments but I have achieved multiple cola dominance through straight LST with structure similar to that of a topped plant which I am pleased about.
    She is currently flowering quite rapidly, with lots of action on a daily basis.
    Her smell gets sweeter and spicier by the day, with an acrid green background. Very pleasing.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Nicole Cream Auto day 47 in soil:

This one despite not being chosen is now rapidly over taking her sister. While due to this discolouration I decided to go with the Candy Dawg there is absolutely nothing wrong with this plant.

She is so insanely bushy, I have high hopes for her yields.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

RH: 46%-59%
    Temps:23c-28.8c

Seedstockers Candy Dawg Auto Battle Plant Week 7 Update:

Day 54 in soil:

Making progress now, with temps and humidity stable in the sweet spot and her reaction to nutes being more than admirable she is really picking up. We have real flowering action now so she is now receiving a higher concentration of bloom in her feed, along with a little extra Calmag for safeguarding despite not seeing any clear need for it. Have upped her topmax too and have stopped alternating between biogrow and fish mix to allow for the lower N requirement.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]She is currently standing 50 cm tall and still growing, with fantastic node spacing that looks set up to pack out nicely.

Anyway AFN, Peace out

Seedstockers Week 8 Update:

Candy Dawg Battle plant day 67 in soil:

Beautiful smell, and despite taking a little while to flower she seems to be coming along nicely. With frost appearing the smell has become beautifully pungent, with an almost sickly sweet aroma which definitely has some pinene that hits the back of the nasal passage that makes me excited, as I hope it has a slightly clearer headed high for an indica as a result.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

And Nicole Cream of the same age, with a lovely Spicy almost coconut cream like smell when stem rubbed but she seems to be taking a while to flower.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Peace out AFN!
    Candy Dawg auto day 78 in soil:

Very few changes, simply waiting for her buds to fill out which is happening slowly but surely and seems to be speeding up the more mass she gains.

Despite taking a little longer to develop, I think she is by far one of the nicest plants I've grown.

Her aroma is intense sweet kush with a sour spice after tone, and stark contrast in her colouring between her vibrant white/ yellowing orange pistils to her super dark green foliage. A striking auto that is pleasing to the senses!

I plan on getting her on a short flush (using Biobizz so not really needing a long one) as soon as she's ready, and will start watching those trichs daily the moment her buds finish filling out.

Nicole Cream test plant day 78:

Finally this one seems to be getting somewhere, however I doubt she would finish before the cut off so I am glad I picked the Candy Dawg to enter.

She is now fat bigger in terms of both height and bushiness and is looking like she will be a heavy yeilder so I have no qualms letting her grow as long as needed.

Her smell is very creaming and very kushy spicy. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Anyway peace out AFN and happy growing guys!

Hey guys, weekly update for Seedstockers

Candy Dawg Auto day 83 in soil:

Very few changes here, still just giving her the time she needs to finish up. Seems like the colder nighttime temps have slowed down growth to a certain degree and I can only hope that she is ready in time for the end of battle. Either way she will be a great smoke but I'd like to have something to put forward in time so I've got a small heater in the room to get temps up a little.

Wish me luck lol
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Anyway peace out AFN
    Seedstockers second to last update

Candy Dawg Auto day 89 In soil and cutting things very close. Too close.

I feel that my optimism is required, and it's there but it is thinning as we are a week from deadline and she has yet to fill out enough to even think about reducing her last feed in advance for a few days if clean water, and with trichs showing the sort of colouring that you would be expect by looking at her buds (a fair amount cloudy but not enough)

Still I keep hope as her development is good and healthy and whatever happens she's a great plant to grow and a amazing aroma which is what counts to me :bow:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2019
  8. Threadmark: shumway update
    TheMongol

Currently Smoking:
    Nothing
    [​IMG]

01/30/19
    I had to toss in another seed to germ the other day,None of the Nicole creams made it :sadcry: Should have posted it yesterday but got caught up in life lol
    [​IMG]

02/03/19
    Little girl finally showed her head,Seed stockers Thin mint crack
    [​IMG]

Week 1 update Seedstockers Thin Mint Crack

Day 5 nothing much to report,Just feeding water and waiting on enough roots so can transplant to final container

[​IMG]

Week 2 update - Thin Mint Crack

Day 11 i think lol Transplanted to final pot and placed under the hps on the 150w setting.

Soil - Root Farm hydro potting mix - peat moss, coco coir, aged softwood bark, perlite, worm castings, bat guano, feather meal, bone meal, blood meal, sulfate of potash, kelp meal, and volcanic ash.

Gaia Green - 4 tbsp per gallon @ 75% of 4-4-4 all purpose and 25% 2-8-4 bloom and if needed will give a top dressing later on in flowering :thumbsup:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Week 3 update - Seed Stockers Thin Mint Crack

Started adding Liquid W-8 into my waterings @ 1ml per liter to help feed the microbes :thumbsup:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Week 4 update - Seed stockers - Thin Mint Crack

Topped and did a slight lst on her and also switched out the Liquid W-8 in my feeds for plain black strap molasses :thumbsup:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Week 5 update - Seed stockers - Thin Mint Crack (day 30)

Guess this will be my battle plant as its the only one i have anyways :rofl:

Only changes made - Lst'ed a bit more to open her up and turned my hps up from 150w to 250w :thumbsup:

Still just giving water and molasses @ between 6.3 - 6.8 ph

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Week 6 update - Seedstockers Thin Mint Crack

Changes
    - 4tbsp top dressing of Gaia Green @ a mix of 30/70 veg/bloom

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Week 7 update - Seedstockers Thin Mint Crack (day 45)

Changes - day 34-36
    Gave a top dressing of Gaiagreen at a ratio of 30/70 veg/bloom broken up over 2 waterings to help it blend in easier

Day 38 - Split the stalk some while i was tweaking my lst but didn't seem to bug her one bit :woohoo1:Have it wrapped up with a velcro strip just in case :thumbsup:

Week 8 update - Seed stockers - Thin Mint Crack

Changes -
    Gave top dressing of bloom on day 50 @ 2 tbsp per gallon and started giving guano @ 1ml per liter every 3rd watering

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Week 9 update - Seedstockers - Thin Mint Crack

No changes to report this week :thumbsup:

:dancer::cooldance::dancer:

[​IMG]
    Week 10 update - Seedstockers - Thin mint Crack

No changes to report

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Week 11 update - Seestockers - Thin Mint Crack

Had a bit of a ph problem but got her sorted out and shes just feeding off herself now and finishing up :thumbsup:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Seedstockers - Thin Mint Crack

Decided it was time for the little lady to come down,Nothing much happening with it over the past few days so chop chop! Still could go for a while yet but really need to clean the tent and also need the light for new plants.

• li" data-history="on" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-size: 11px; word-wrap: normal; min-height: 23px; display: -webkit-flex; width: 290px; box-sizing: border-box; flex-wrap: wrap;">
    • Media
    • Information
    • [​IMG]
    TMC by shumway posted Apr 20, 2019

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2019
  9. Threadmark: Boradan updates
    TheMongol

Currently Smoking:
    Nothing
    [​IMG]

01/20/19
    Weekly Update.
    Day 5 of fully above ground.
    This young lady - I have named her :dancer: Ishtar :dancer: - was being a tad stretchy right out of the blocks, so I dropped the light a bit closer.
    A tad too close though as she started doing some saw-blade leaf edges, so I have raised it a touch again.
    She is just over 4 1/2" tall and is tied to a cocktail stick to hold her up - 100% necessary at the minute...

Breeder and Strain: Seedstockers Blackberry Gum
    System: RDWC
    Nutes: Greenleaf
    Lighting: 350W adjustable, self-built COB

[​IMG]

She is currently on MegaCrop 2.0 at just over half recommended strength, Cal+Mag Pro at half strength and Sweet Candy at half strength.

01/31/19

I am already entered in all of the above comps, but I have decided to germ a second seed as I am not overly impressed with my first one so far. I will make my choice of which one to use in the competitions before the relevant date.
    Germ2.JPG.jpg
    Medium: Hydro RDWC Nutrients: Greenleaf Megacrop 2.0 Lighting: max 350 Watt self-builtadjustable COB Grow Environment: 4x4 Mars Hydro Tent

WEEK 1 UPDATE

Moving along nicely, but strangely, the roots have still not made it out of the netpot - the backup bean I planted has it's taproot already out of the Root!t sponge, and is about to pop it's head out.

Nutrients (70 Litre reservoir):
    Megacrop 2.0: 23.49g
    Sweet Candy: 11.75g
    Cal Mag Pro: 5g

Readings:
    pH: 6.0
    ppm: 590
    Air Temp: 24.7C
    Water temp: 18.6C
    Humidity: 72%

[​IMG]

I have already done the week 1 update, but I think I need a second update due to my late germination of a second seed.
    The second (backup) seed I germinated popped her head above ground yesterday and has now been potted into her own RDWC system - butchered together from the remnants of my Aeros IV Master system.
    Because the first seed has still not got her roots out of the net pot, I decided to modify another netpot for this one.
    I cut a section out of the base, and then used hot-melt glue to stick some hydroton pebbles together in a nice tube for about 2".
    The Root!t sponge was then set on top of this 'tube' so that the taproot gets an unencumbered route to the water.
    Her tap root is already longer than her stalk - and that is just the part that is protruding from the sponge :drool:

This lady shall be called :dancer:Shamash:dancer:
    Her nutrients are as follows:
    Megacrop: 5.28g
    Cal Mag Pro: 1.43g
    Sweet Candy: 2.86g

pH: 5.9
    ppm: 490

Here are a few pics, including 2 'upskirts' :redcard:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The tap root is literally 2-3mm away from the water, but will be getting splashed from the airstone bubbles popping just under her.
    I also added some Great white to a small tub of the res water and poured it into the Root!t sponge - should give her a nice start.
    I get the feeling this one will rapidly catch up to her 'Twin

WEEK 2 UPDATE
    Shamash looks to be enjoying her new home.
    She didn't get too leggy and seems more than content at the minute.
    The Inkbirds seem to be doing their jobs very nicely.
    Light is currently at 20 Watts and about 10" above the top of the plant on a 20/4 cycle.
    Some nice growth for only 2 days since the last update (she is on Day 4 above ground).
    Colour is good and the leaves are juuuuust pointing up towards the light.

[​IMG]

Nutrients (70 Litre total RDWC):
    MegaCrop 2.0:
    18.49g
    Cal+Mag Pro: 5g
    Sweet Candy: 9.25g

pH: 6.1
    ppm (500 scale with 240ppm base from the tap water): 520 (280ppm/0.56EC with tap ppm removed)

Water temp: 18.9C
    Air Temp: 24.6C
    Humidity: 65.5%
    VPD: 0.72

On a side note, the first girl (Ishtar) has been culled, so this girl will be my battle plant .
    Here roots weren't forming fully, and she still needed to be supported after 14 days due to her stem being slim and bendy.
    In addition, she was extremely pale and just looked like she was not pulling any/enough nutrients.
    WEEKLY UPDATE

Day 11 above ground.
    Reservoir change today.
    She was looking a tad too pale, so I bumped up the nutes a tad. I didn't change the calmag as she is not having any issues

NUTRIENTS (70 Litre res):

Megacrop: 36.98g
    Cal Mag Pro: 5g
    Sweet Candy: 18.49g

Also 7ml of AtaClean
    I considered adding a Silicon additive, but decided to hold off as Megacrop 2.0 has increased Silicon.

ENVIRONMENT:
    Air temp:
    25C
    Humidity: 68.5%
    Water temp: 18.5C
    pH: 6.2
    ppm: 730 (520 with base tap water ppm removed)
    Still running my small and medium Air Pumps, but that may change by the end of the weekend if the roots keep developing as they are.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Unfortunately, I am going to have to drop out of the battles.

Looks like the end of the road for this lady.
    Zero top growth going on - she just grew 4 single-blade leaves in the same spot.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I may have to withdraw my withdrawal ...
    UPDATE

We seem to have a bit of new growth by the first leaves after all...
    Although the first leaves look in bad shape...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2019
  10. TheMongol

Currently Smoking:
    Nothing