Shadow of a hint from a high-profile humanist in France.

Egzoset

Vaporist of Borg! Reg'd date 2011.Oct.26
Reaction score
Website
hackaday.io
Salutations,

It's been a while since i started to pay attention to 70yr old politician J.-L. Mélenchon, relatively to cannabis:

(1:10:13)

« ...nous devons, par exemple, traiter la question du trafic de drogues en sachant comment faire, pour notamment légaliser certaines d'entre elles, pour pouvoir les éteindre, etc. Que sur le trafic d'armes il est temps aussi, là d'avoir une main d'fer, de la même manière que pour le trafic des êtres humains, etc... »

Google's automated translation:

"...we must, for example, deal with the issue of drug trafficking knowing how to do it, in particular to legalize some of them, to be able to extinguish them, etc." That it is also time to have an iron hand on arms trafficking, in the same way as for trafficking in human beings, etc... "​

This ain't my 1st attempt to raise awareness around article "L3421-4" of the French Plublic Health code which actually prohibits any objective debate, including positive representations ("présentation sous un jour favorable"). So, considering the juxtaposition with fire arms smuggling and persons trafic (presumably as sex slaves like during the Victorian age!) i genuinely suppose the people of France may wish to add this particular moment on their radar, before it's too late to have regrets similar to those of some sacrificed canuck citizens as myself today.

Although i respect the man immensly for hammering down the nail of humanism i did get a worrysome feeling recently that related declarations may require further clarification(s) by this well-known politician himself, who plans to be candidate as next President of the Republic next year...

Good day, have fun!! :peace:

Egzoset

Reaction score
Website
hackaday.io
ADDENDUM:

Bad news, kind of late i must confess! This flamboyant "humanist" orator did clearly state (long ago) his absolute desire to "legalize" and it's about ceasing control only to promote long-term attrition - which inspired him the funny expression "éteindre", as in reference to the act of extinguishing a cigarette/"joint"... Other than the words alone, when watching his videos we can sense there's some sort of nit-picking formulation behind it which ain't no coïncidence at all, including word games i find less than appealing.

IMO if Mélenchon were to succeed then chances are the "stoner$"/"droÿé$" of France may not happen to disapear from demographic statistics as the sole result of dying from old age; with a language reflecting biased emotivity like that i bet he'd spontaneously refuse to fix article "L3421-4", quite on the contrary. Possibly to inflate a Prohibition 2.0 ideology in disguise.

If only i had cared to check platforms as FaceBook, YouYube, Twitter (and many other on-line resources including his very own...), actually hosting a key-event publication following some very special visit to Canada right after UNGASS 2016 which coïncided with a "4-20"! Quite cynically it seems...

La loi du pétard contre celle des flingues (2016-Apr-26)
Légalisation du cannabis: pour ou contre? (2016-Dec-5)

I mean, who remembers this:

At least i sure do! So when i read some flowery language pleading in favour of Justin's "légaleezation" this sort of triggers an alarm doubled by a red flag.

:face:

Remember this when called to the electoral poles of 2022! :baghead:

Good day, have fun!! :peace:

Last edited:

Egzoset

Reaction score
Website
hackaday.io