1. Can everyone in the Cutest Pet..Best Sunrise/sunset..and FastBuds Bush comps Please chose the one photo for the Poll and we'll get the Polls Open..Thank You...
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The FastBuds Mega Film Contest is FINALLY open for voting. Head over to the FB section and enter your votes for best plant and best journal. Winner to be Announced by the Fastbuds Team during their Live Interview 19th Jan 6pm GMT.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Come join us in one of our many crazy comps. This one is back by popular demand the Red Solo Cup competition. You'll see some of the best techniques out there that can be applied to larger scale. Come learn share and play!! Party Here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We've come to a decision on Reputation!
    Reset Reputation Poll
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Hello all, the Plant of the Month as well as the Nug of the Month competitions are stcked full of entries and ready to go. Im headed to vote now see ya there.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Due to supply, the stash jars will be on hold. The last orders that were received will be filled but my jar supplier has dried up for the time being. If you are interested in the stickers alone both sizes are available, PM Fullduplex for details..
    Dismiss Notice

Should we reset reputation?

Discussion in 'Live Stoner Chat' started by Son of Hobbes, Jan 7, 2017.

?

Should we reset reputation scores back to 0, fix how rep can be given, and start clean?

1. Yes!

9 vote(s)
    12.7%
  2. No!

16 vote(s)
    22.5%
  3. Wipe it clean at the start of every new year!

10 vote(s)
    14.1%
  4. Get rid of reputation altogether!

36 vote(s)
    50.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Son of Hobbes

Son of Hobbes 2016 Festivus Feats of Strength Staff Member Site Admin Global Mod Pot Pro's High Team High Team Auto Warriors CannaZone Product Tester

Media:
    Albums:
    Simply put, should we reset reputation?

We've unfortunately seen where the reputation system was abused by many members at one point in time and we know it used to be a very valued system to many members and seen as "measuring stick" of sorts to others.

That said, what are the thoughts here on us FIXING how rep can be given for starters (that was the biggest issue,) then resetting and wiping the slate clean? Everyone starts at 0, we have a new system in place (which we can explain) for how rep gets given out and can be given out, and rather than some inflated number you see on members that you might go "how the **** did that person get such high rep?" we might see some actual merit to the reputation system again.

The other thought I had and some may not dig this and no hard feelings if you don't, but for us to reset reputation at the start of the new year. That way all rep is current and relative. Can go both ways lol!

What do you think AFN? Yay? Nay? Ideas?

Tags:
    Root, Eyes on Fire, iampepe and 9 others like this.
  2. Eyeoftheworld

Eyeoftheworld Stark Raving Sane

Hiiii @Son of Hobbes !!
    :pass:

I hope you enjoyed the holidays! Things are only jussssst now starting to get back to "normal" here at my house!

Would it be possible to maybe add a fourth option to the poll? To just do away with rep completely. Not erase and start over. Just erase. I've never liked the idea of measuring somebody based on a number...

Great idea too, btw! :smoking:

:bighug:

Tetra9, TaNg, Root and 14 others like this.
  3. The Elvis

The Elvis King of Rock in Roll Auto Warriors CannaZone Product Tester

Albums:
    I think I agree with Eyeoftheworld.. this system worked well long ago but the site is pretty big now.. I can Just tell somebody there doing a great job.. why do we need to keep rep numbers??
    FYI I lost 14,000 rep numbers when we changed over the server.. No big deal..

@Son of Hobbes your doing a great job bro!!! :d5:

See thats all we need.. :d5:

4. Son of Hobbes

Son of Hobbes 2016 Festivus Feats of Strength Staff Member Site Admin Global Mod Pot Pro's High Team High Team Auto Warriors CannaZone Product Tester

Media:
    Albums:
    Duly noted very fast second poster and first respondent to this thread. :rofl:

I've also added in an option for "remove rep altogether." You should also be able to change your vote.

Tetra9, Root, trailanimal and 12 others like this.
  5. Eyeoftheworld

Eyeoftheworld Stark Raving Sane

Thankyou for allllll you do here @Son of Hobbes !! :smoking:

:pass:

:slap:

:vibe:

6. The Elvis

The Elvis King of Rock in Roll Auto Warriors CannaZone Product Tester

Albums:
    I just think our web site has out grown the system...:pass:It was a cool system long ago but we have so many members now...
    Lets see what other members think...

7. shumway

shumway I Live toke with Friends on the CannaZone

Media:
    Albums:
    Not one for rep points etc,All the years i've been around here i might have slapped a couple people with it but that was only when i seen some outstanding grows or i was drunk lol

:size:

8. db003

db003 Auto Warriors CannaZone Product Tester

do away with it I say I know I am a ok grower that's all that matters

9. Eclectic Elle

Eclectic Elle Auto Warriors

Media:
    Albums:
    I'm new to somewhere that gives rep, so I have no real clue how much/little to give. Don't know if I'm even using it right - I give full rep for something I really appreciate/agree with or is particularly helpful to me, although I did get slap happy Christmas Day lol, everyone I saw that day got full rep.

I've voted for wipe clean at the start of the year, because if you're going to have a reputation system I think it needs to be for who's currently active, not who necessarily was growing 3 years ago and hasn't done much since or has slipped away and not returned.

10. BR549

BR549 Auto Warriors

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.