1. Hey guys the first round of grow battles is completed and the voting has STARTED!

Come vote today for the best looking and your personal favorite in the COB Grow Battle!

CLICK HERE TO VOTE!!!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey guys the first round of grow battles is completed and the voting has STARTED!

Come vote today for the best looking and your personal favorite in the FastBuds Grow Battle!

CLICK HERE TO VOTE!!!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey guys the first round of grow battles is completed and the voting has STARTED!

Come vote today for the best looking and your personal favorite in the Dinafem/Platinum/Remo Grow Battle!

CLICK HERE TO VOTE!!!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hey guys the first round of grow battles is completed and the voting has STARTED!

Come vote today for the best looking and your personal favorite in the Mephisto Grow Battle!

CLICK HERE TO VOTE!!!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. CONGRATULATIONS to AJrexxx our First AFN Gladiator Champion of Champions. Title of Fastbuds Grower of the year 2017 goes to AJrexxx..Magnificent Growing Skills
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Congratulations to fettled6 Ribbzzy and Only1sky who were the Top 3 placed Gladiators in the First ever AFN Indoor GrowBattle 2017. Well Done Buds...Well Grown.
    Dismiss Notice

Should we reset reputation?

Discussion in 'Live Introductions' started by Son of Hobbes, Jan 7, 2017.

?

Should we reset reputation scores back to 0, fix how rep can be given, and start clean?

1. Yes!

9 vote(s)
    12.7%
  2. No!

16 vote(s)
    22.5%
  3. Wipe it clean at the start of every new year!

10 vote(s)
    14.1%
  4. Get rid of reputation altogether!

36 vote(s)
    50.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Son of Hobbes

Son of Hobbes High of the Tiger Staff Member Site Administrator

Currently Smoking:
    Alien Dragon
    Simply put, should we reset reputation?

We've unfortunately seen where the reputation system was abused by many members at one point in time and we know it used to be a very valued system to many members and seen as "measuring stick" of sorts to others.

That said, what are the thoughts here on us FIXING how rep can be given for starters (that was the biggest issue,) then resetting and wiping the slate clean? Everyone starts at 0, we have a new system in place (which we can explain) for how rep gets given out and can be given out, and rather than some inflated number you see on members that you might go "how the **** did that person get such high rep?" we might see some actual merit to the reputation system again.

The other thought I had and some may not dig this and no hard feelings if you don't, but for us to reset reputation at the start of the new year. That way all rep is current and relative. Can go both ways lol!

What do you think AFN? Yay? Nay? Ideas?

Tags:
    wwwillie, Root, Eyes on Fire and 10 others like this.
  2. Eyeoftheworld

Eyeoftheworld Stark Raving Sane

Hiiii @Son of Hobbes !!
    :pass:

I hope you enjoyed the holidays! Things are only jussssst now starting to get back to "normal" here at my house!

Would it be possible to maybe add a fourth option to the poll? To just do away with rep completely. Not erase and start over. Just erase. I've never liked the idea of measuring somebody based on a number...

Great idea too, btw! :smoking:

:bighug:

wwwillie, Sensi Jay, Tetra9 and 16 others like this.
  3. The Elvis

The Elvis King of Rock in Roll

I think I agree with Eyeoftheworld.. this system worked well long ago but the site is pretty big now.. I can Just tell somebody there doing a great job.. why do we need to keep rep numbers??
    FYI I lost 14,000 rep numbers when we changed over the server.. No big deal..

@Son of Hobbes your doing a great job bro!!! :d5:

See thats all we need.. :d5:

wwwillie, CandyCane613, Root and 14 others like this.
  4. Son of Hobbes

Son of Hobbes High of the Tiger Staff Member Site Administrator

Currently Smoking:
    Alien Dragon
    Duly noted very fast second poster and first respondent to this thread. :rofl:

I've also added in an option for "remove rep altogether." You should also be able to change your vote.

wwwillie, Tetra9, Root and 13 others like this.
  5. Eyeoftheworld

Eyeoftheworld Stark Raving Sane

Thankyou for allllll you do here @Son of Hobbes !! :smoking:

:pass:

:slap:

:vibe:

wwwillie, Root, trailanimal and 13 others like this.
  6. The Elvis

The Elvis King of Rock in Roll

I just think our web site has out grown the system...:pass:It was a cool system long ago but we have so many members now...
    Lets see what other members think...

wwwillie, Root, trailanimal and 11 others like this.
  7. shumway

shumway Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN

Not one for rep points etc,All the years i've been around here i might have slapped a couple people with it but that was only when i seen some outstanding grows or i was drunk lol

:size:

8. db003

db003 Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN CannaZonian (Tier 1)

do away with it I say I know I am a ok grower that's all that matters

9. Eclectic Elle

Eclectic Elle GroGal

I'm new to somewhere that gives rep, so I have no real clue how much/little to give. Don't know if I'm even using it right - I give full rep for something I really appreciate/agree with or is particularly helpful to me, although I did get slap happy Christmas Day lol, everyone I saw that day got full rep.

I've voted for wipe clean at the start of the year, because if you're going to have a reputation system I think it needs to be for who's currently active, not who necessarily was growing 3 years ago and hasn't done much since or has slipped away and not returned.

10. BR549

BR549 Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.