• Do you LOVE AFN?? bighug We do too!! But we need your help to keep the servers running!

If you feel like AFN has been useful in your journey and would like to help us pay some of the bills, we have a gofundme page setup for donations.
    Any amount that you can spare will be gratefully received

Click [HERE] to donate to AFN
  • G'Day folks! It's voting time for the 2021 Outdoor Auto-Photo Comp', so please swing by to oggle them womens and pick your favorites!.... *Located at the Live Vendor G&S section*

Show us your Tea heads (Foam)

Jraven

from Southeast Alaska
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Harvest season variety
wow, that is some heavy looking foam...the black stuff...is it a different consistency from the lighter colored foam?

Boradan

We don't need no stinking Badges!
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Dinafem Critical+ 2.0, Seedstockers BCN Critical XXL
tea.JPG

This is mine after 12 hours.
It foamed a lot more and the foam became darker about 6 hours later and the foam is now died down to this level again.
Ingredients:
2 handfuls Plagron EWC (in the sock)
1tsp Great White
1tblsp Unsulfured Molasses
In 2 Gallons of Tap water (pre-aerated)

I will be using this in an RDWC system, so I have my Airstones in the mix to act as a housing for the bennies.
I also have my Hydroton in 2 net pots sitting in the mix for the same reason. Should give them a good foothold when I move them to the system.

For my next brew, I will be replacing the Great White (cuz its as expensive as all hell) with RootGrow Hydro as it is similar to the Great White, but is 400g for the same price as 28g of Great White

There are 2 Airstones in the tank - one 4" stone directly in the tank, and one Golfball stone in the sock. These are hooked up to a 600 litre per hour Air pump.

RivetGrrl

Keeping AFN a little weird
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Sweet Bread
@Eyes on Fire me?
If so it's not huge, running off a 8 outlet 13w pump, should I add a bigger stone or a second one?
Also added a heat mat to the bottom as the temp would not go over 19C

RivetGrrl

Keeping AFN a little weird
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Sweet Bread
View attachment 1024804
This is mine after 12 hours.
It foamed a lot more and the foam became darker about 6 hours later and the foam is now died down to this level again.
Ingredients:
2 handfuls Plagron EWC (in the sock)
1tsp Great White
1tblsp Unsulfured Molasses
In 2 Gallons of Tap water (pre-aerated)

I will be using this in an RDWC system, so I have my Airstones in the mix to act as a housing for the bennies.
I also have my Hydroton in 2 net pots sitting in the mix for the same reason. Should give them a good foothold when I move them to the system.

For my next brew, I will be replacing the Great White (cuz its as expensive as all hell) with RootGrow Hydro as it is similar to the Great White, but is 400g for the same price as 28g of Great White

There are 2 Airstones in the tank - one 4" stone directly in the tank, and one Golfball stone in the sock. These are hooked up to a 600 litre per hour Air pump.
Nice!! I understand the "housing" now, you are full of great ideas :slap: for sure. I'll throw another airstone in for sure just for that idea.
Edit to add guess I gotta slap some others first, I repped you recently..

Eyes on Fire

Guy Smiley
Reaction score
Website
www.autoflower.net
Currently Smoking
yes
Yeah you lol. I was curious is all becuase they look like smaller bubbles so I was guessing they were a single or dbl air stone.When dealing with over say 2-3 gallons(closer to 3 prolly) larger chrming bubbles are whats needed.Smaller does work but lacks some health.Just something to consider in the coming months maybe..? Nice tea though no doubt!!