1. Kindness cost nothing but is valuable to all. Be kind today, don't let anyone steal your sunshine and if you meet someone missing theirs, shine on for them. Make it a great day!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. AFN is on Vimeo!

Come give us a follow and check out our tutorial videos by 912greenskell! Do you have Vimeo? Post your profile in this thread and we'll follow you!
    Dismiss Notice

Site Work in Progress - 2018

Discussion in 'Live Announcements' started by Son of Hobbes, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Need4Weed

Need4Weed Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN General Staff

Currently Smoking:
    3 Bears OG, Alien Vs Triangle
    Looking great SOH and thanks for all you do! :kissass: :eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows: :rofl::rofl::rofl:

SOOTDAWG, Dabber and bushmasterar15 like this.
  2. Son of Hobbes

Son of Hobbes High of the Tiger Staff Member Site Administrator

Currently Smoking:
    Girl Scout Cookies
    3/6/18

Created new Section: Affiliations & Associations.

Created new forum called CannaGrow Expo under Affiliations and Associations.
    Created new forum called Operation Compassionate Care under Affiliations and Associations.

Created new forum called Irrigation and Water-based Product Companies under CannaZone Performance Testing & Grow Battles

Moved Autopot Growing sub-forum from Irrigation & Water in Autoflower Cultivation Discussion to Irrigation and Water-based Product Companies under CannaZone Performance Testing & Grow Battles.

Renamed Autpot Growing sub-forum to AutoPots Watering Systems.

SOOTDAWG, Dabber, Only1Sky and 3 others like this.
  3. fettled6

fettled6 Hydro and DIY chum(p)!

Nice @Son of Hobbes !

Now Autopots are onboard and have their own forum can we bring Hydroponics discussion up a level? (same section we are currently in)

f6

SOOTDAWG, GoAuto6, stoney T and 4 others like this.
  4. Son of Hobbes

Currently Smoking:
    Girl Scout Cookies
    Morning everyone. Just got back from the Cannabis 2018 Cultivation Conference in Oakland, CA produced by Cannabis Business Times! Really cool event and met a LOT of interesting people and networking opportunities (I encourage anyone and everyone to try to attend one of these things if it's allowed in your lifestyle, very cool events!)

I'm going to compile the rest of the suggestion threads here and make an excel spread with them, then the rest of the 4 site admin and I will review the suggested changes and see what kind of positive changes we start making! We've had great suggestions, we've tried implementing some of them already (and many very, very well received,) so we'll keep working with you guys if you keep working with us and we'll see how we can shape up the site to fit more of what the community is after!

SOOTDAWG, MikeyB420, Only1Sky and 5 others like this.
  5. MikeyB420

MikeyB420 Naughty Step Holder! Scoping the God stuff?

Currently Smoking:
    Zen
    SOH

You are simply.......................................

:peace:

MikeyB

SOOTDAWG, Need4Weed and Son of Hobbes like this.
  6. Son of Hobbes

Currently Smoking:
    Girl Scout Cookies
    Exploring the "blog" option again for grow journals. I found some software that would allow a "blog" style thread to be created (in addition, not replacing anything,) but if the features work the way I hope they would, might provide a more "personal" environment for growers wanting to document their grows, while also allowing members to still comment and interact.

The other option I'm exploring are templates for grow journals, ways to streamline the process a bit and make things look nicer when viewing :bighug:

Chippin' away!

7. Feenix

Feenix Learn to grow great meds in the Cannazone on AFN CannaZone Product Tester (Tier 1)

Thanks SOH for fixing the picture edit page. The selection buttons are now clearly marked and visible on all monitors and the one click copy address button is back in place and giving confirmation when clicked.

One more thing that I really miss is the "Use it or lose it" function that was in the picture upload area. If a photo was not linked up in an hour, it was automatically deleted. I've tried going through my albums and deleting unused pics and ended up with dead links in my journals because it is hard to tell the linked from the unlinked .

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
  8. midIN

midIN always learning.

Currently Smoking:
    granddy purp
    Keep up the good work guys thanks for all your doing, curious if there's a icon category that could be in our account drop downs that's for our journals, so could just click there and pick the one we want to update etc,etc or when someone goes to ur profile the could do the same just not being able to edit ur journals but view and commenton them follow etc. Thanks again

9. Son of Hobbes

Currently Smoking:
    Girl Scout Cookies
    Nice, was wondering if anyone would comment on that or not lol. I'll be honest, it was a half-ass fix, but at least it visually looks like what it should a bit more. We're looking at some new styles for the site, something that looks more updated and actually NOT broken in some spots.

I'm not sure if that's an option, I'll see what's under the hood.

SOOTDAWG, Need4Weed and Feenix like this.
  10. Feenix

Feenix Learn to grow great meds in the Cannazone on AFN CannaZone Product Tester (Tier 1)

.Thanks. The icons on the buttons was the biggest help. The white blends into the background of my monitor so I had to guess and hunt, The "use it or lose it" was years ago

SOOTDAWG and Need4Weed like this.