• Do you LOVE AFN?? bighug We do too!! But we need your help to keep the servers running!

If you feel like AFN has been useful in your journey and would like to help us pay some of the bills, we have a gofundme page setup for donations.
    Any amount that you can spare will be gratefully received

Click [HERE] to donate to AFN
  • G'Day folks! It's voting time for the 2021 Outdoor Auto-Photo Comp', so please swing by to oggle them womens and pick your favorites!.... *Located at the Live Vendor G&S section*

Small flowers on a young seedling?

Quetzal

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Hello fellow growers,

Starting a new grow after 8-odd years, and one of my seedlings (CBD Compassion Lime) is acting weirdly. It popped 8 days ago, grew a first set of leaves, and then stopped growing altogether after 4-5 days. I had a closer look today, and it looks like it's flowering?

What do you guys think? Is it already at thend of its short life?

Pre-flowers_1.jpg
Pre-flowers_2.jpg

Thanks!

Geordiejesus

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Nah by the looks of it it's still trying to push new leaves out. I'd just sit back and wait... Put a little dome over the top of her mist one in the morning one in the night. Might just be a slow growet

Geordiejesus

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Common mistake for slow growing seedling is over waterering... Keep the soil moist and you should be fine. Alot of growing will be happening beneath the soil, so a cuppa and a smoke sit back and enjoy

Quetzal

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
I think the water situation is ok, but indeed maybe it's busy building a solid root system. I was just going to trash it and recover the soil, but I'll give it a chance! :cool1:

Quetzal

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Quick update about this, so finally it turns out that the plant is somehow self-topped. The two bits I mistook for flowers were actually the two new branches. Never quite topped a plant at the first node, and that one is seriously lagging behind compared to my other plants, but it will be interesting to see what comes out of it!

Thanks a lot for the advice!

Self-topped seedling.JPG
!