Soooo confused please help with future growing comps

A-Train

Auto Warrior
Jan 8, 2015
In my Basement
Ok i honestly have been trying to read and keep up. Maybe @Ripper can help.

So whats going on with a grow battle. I see there are 30 sum prizes available?

Ok where to start. I see several random grow battles or team battles going.

What does one do to win one of the vendor prizes? Is there any value in the 1 on 1 anymore where the growers choose the same strain and voting at the end?

Do i juat keep watch and when i see a grow battle for the community i just jump in? If so how will judging be done in the end?

Are the "teams" separated from a single grower?

Will there be a formal bracket made and follkwed for any of them?

In the communal grow battles we just choose a strain and drop it on the same date as the rest.? Is there a time frame or when everyone is finished its finished then voting or judging takes place?

Thank you for the time i know its a lot but im 100% sure im not the only one thinking at least one or two of these questions.

Mossy

Daenerys Targaryen
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jan 2, 2011
Currently Smoking
Dragon
Morning @A-Train :bighug:

Where...?....:yoinks:

Each Mass/Sponsored [HASHTAG]#GrowBattle[/HASHTAG] will have 3-5 winners who will get a sponsored Prize.
Also..not Introduced yet..but we are going to introduce a 5..4..3..2..1..system to try to get a bit of a League going.
Win gets you 5 points..second gets you 4 points..etc.
The points will be stored in the team Trophy cabinets..and hopefully we can tally them up at the end of the year to find out who is the Gladiator of the year.
But..we haven't tried anything like that before..so it will be a bit trial and error..and will come into play 2018 when we see if it works or not.

There are Mass [HASHTAG]#growbattles[/HASHTAG] And individual choice ones..:headbang:

What does one do to win one of the vendor prizes? Is there any value in the 1 on 1 anymore where the growers choose the same strain and voting at the end?
Individual [HASHTAG]#growbattles[/HASHTAG] will Not count in the points system.

Do i juat keep watch and when i see a grow battle for the community i just jump in? If so how will judging be done in the end?
Yup..jump in as many as you want....BUT...be Aware that If you are in the Top 5 places on a Grower of the Year battle you will be asked to join in on the 2018 Battle to Defend your Title.

Next year Most of the Champion of Champion Battles will start 1st September 2018.
This year only [HASHTAG]#fastbudsgroweroftheyear2017[/HASHTAG] has the full 3 Legs on because it was the Trail Run..next year..hopefully they all will..with the Exception of Outdoor..because they are seasonal.

Are the "teams" separated from a single grower?
Nope..not really..Teams are more for the Fun element..we are supposed to be having some trash talking/fun in the battles..Teams give more scope.

Probably..:headbang:..especially grower of the year comps..but..this year is a Trial.
When we put the [HASHTAG]#fastbuds2017groweroftheyear[/HASHTAG] first leg up..we didn't know if anyone would Want to join..so we are working the rules from there. :headbang:

In the communal grow battles we just choose a strain and drop it on the same date as the rest.? Is there a time frame or when everyone is finished its finished then voting or judging takes place?
One thing we have noticed this year and must tighten up next year is start and finish times...if we Don't..we won't get all 3 legs in for the Championship.
Obviously outdoor and photoperiod will be slightly different.

stoney 91

Trichome farmer
Staff member
Global Moderator
Jul 26, 2015
Currently Smoking
washing machine
good read cleared up alot of questions i had in my head cant wait to get started should be good fun if no one get too serious about things massive respect to mossy and the crew i can only imagine the task of running all these comps

Son of Hobbes

High of the Tiger
Staff member
Site Administrator
Oct 8, 2012
Colorado
www.autoflower.net
I can help clear up the rest of it :d5:

Well that's not quite the case, we have numerous prize packages available from the vendors on the site for various upcoming contests on the site, including the new grow battle format. Not all prizes are just for grow battles though, we'll also have other contests as we have in the past and other holiday events :d5:

Members are welcome to challenge each other to grow battles as the original format was setup, or if we have a vendor sponsored grow battle (which should be pretty evident by title of the thread and general site announcements,) they may be eligible to join based on whatever the requirements of the battle are. This is a relatively new format so there may be some small growing pains, but ultimately there are bragging rights up for grabs, possible AFN swag, and on vendor events, vendor donated gear (including seeds!)

There is plenty of value in one vs one grow-offs if you're of competitive nature (hence the grow battle.) Bragging rights, shit-talking, possible special badge from @Rebel . If you're only in it for prizes (to each their own,) well, wait for the vendor battles and you can fight among the rest of the combatants! Not everyone is in it for the $ though, some like to play just for love of the game. :hookah:

Eventually. Surprisingly, just like that picture of the add-on bracket software I showed you just a few weeks back. Durrrrr. :rofl: (I can be funny too!)

The rules and conditions will be posted for the communal battles threads as they arrive closer. We will work on spelling it out as detailed as possible so there is less confusion as it nears.

Thank you for the time i know its a lot but im 100% sure im not the only one thinking at least one or two of these questions.
Not a problem brother, appreciate you asking! I'm sure with the NOM/POM going away you're going to have some time to fill, so looking forward to seeing you duke it out on the field! Happy growing A-train and looking forward to seeing those skills on the field :kiss:

Mossy

Daenerys Targaryen
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jan 2, 2011
Currently Smoking
Dragon
10 4 thanks mossy that cleared up some of it. Guess ill just get out my largest strains and have them on stand by lol.... ill be jumping into some thing soon...

Team Train..... me and ...... uhhhh
ah..:headbang:...Forgot...you are banned from them all coz you Win too much.....:crying:...Joke...

some like to play just for love of the game. :hookah:
t

That is what we are after...:headbang:...growers who want to compete for the Fun of it.

Most Sites discourage talking your girls up..we want to encourage it..IF you grow the best girls on [HASHTAG]#afn[/HASHTAG] ..Shout it out...Loud.

[HASHTAG]#cannabisgrowingjustgotcompetitive[/HASHTAG] :d5:

Mossy

Daenerys Targaryen
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jan 2, 2011
Currently Smoking
Dragon
good read cleared up alot of questions i had in my head cant wait to get started should be good fun if no one get too serious about things massive respect to mossy and the crew i can only imagine the task of running all these comps
As with most new stuff we are Trying it out..one of the Big Worries was if it would all end in a Flam Fest..but..touch wood..we haven't had that Problem..:headbang:..everybody has taken it in the Spirit it was meant to be.

The Members/Gladiators patrol that. :d5:..and they have been Great. :bravo:

puggle6

HydroPotato!
Jun 8, 2016
Mad! I love it!

Any problems with entering a vendor sponsored grow with a plant being grown for team grows such as [HASHTAG]#The[/HASHTAG] Ashes ?

I like the idea of some team grows, strengthen community knowledge sharing with a bit of sledging thrown in.. hehe

f6

A-Train

Auto Warrior
Jan 8, 2015
In my Basement
Im in it for the loot lol.... gotta earn my keeps times are tough around here.

Not in it for the trash talk... totally not my style :crying:(Hobbes and A-Train stand up show coming to a city near YOU)

Sounds great. Just incase you wondering totally not stirring shit. I recieved 2 pms mistakenly already asking me most of the questions i asked here ( except the prizes. That was mine..:eyebrows:) ..... just wanted a way to help put it out there to spread the knowledge of up coming battles

A-Train

Auto Warrior
Jan 8, 2015
In my Basement
ah..:headbang:...Forgot...you are banned from them all coz you Win too much.....:crying:...Joke...

t

That is what we are after...:headbang:...growers who want to compete for the Fun of it.

Most Sites discourage talking your girls up..we want to encourage it..IF you grow the best girls on [HASHTAG]#afn[/HASHTAG] ..Shout it out...Loud.

[HASHTAG]#cannabisgrowingjustgotcompetitive[/HASHTAG] :d5:
:crying:

Lol Aunty im washed up... i really just want to participate. If you add up my last 10 plants in the POM/NOM you could count the votes without using your toes..... :haha: