• Do you LOVE AFN?? bighug We do too!! But we need your help to keep the servers running!

If you feel like AFN has been useful in your journey and would like to help us pay some of the bills, we have a gofundme page setup for donations.
    Any amount that you can spare will be gratefully received

Click [HERE] to donate to AFN
  • G'Day folks! It's voting time for the 2021 Outdoor Auto-Photo Comp', so please swing by to oggle them womens and pick your favorites!.... *Located at the Live Vendor G&S section*

Spider Farmer SE 7000 or Mars-Hydro FC-E6500

arquette

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
I am looking for opinions on these two lights. The price is almost identical. The SF uses Samsung and the M-H uses Bridgelux. The Mars has 3978 leds and the SF has 2688 leds. The Spider Farmer has a PPF of 1920 and the Mars-Hydro is 1782.9. I find it strange that it takes 1290 more diodes on the MH to produce less results. Any opinions

DCLXVI

Non smoker
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Old Man Kostas. Meraki!
Mars gets my vote just for their forum presence. They are quite active and helpful. I think that's worth a bit, not knocking the SF brand. Just something to consider.

@Marshydro makes some pretty nice lights these days, I have two and two of their tents as well. I do like the sliding feature of the bar/strip lamps. If you wanted to add UV lights, or anything else later, you can adjust the bars to slip them in between. I know the MH 6500 can do so. It also looks like the MH is $200 cheaper on a quick look at both websites.

arquette

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
The strange thing is that the Spider Farmer is actually cheaper on the Alibaba web site. Even with shipping and no tax there is less than $20.00 price difference.

nizmoKush

bluntts to the rescue!!!
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
I say mars hydro too not just cuz I have some of them lights but because their customer service is really good and they are very active here. But this is my opinion and at the end of the day you’re going to buy what you want no matter what. Good luck with your choice

arquette

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
I bought the MarsHydro. I actually bought it on Alibaba directly from Mars. The price on Amazon was 594.99 plus tax and free shipping. The price on Alibaba was 579.99 AND no tax and USA shipping. I save myself $46.50

Marshydro

Marshydro sales rep
AFN Authorized Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.mars-hydro.com
When the light arrives, you can share your grow journal in AFN and ask questions, there are many nice people here to help solve your problems. :thumbsup:

JSH1973

Auto Warrior
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
For comparison to the Mars Hydro FCE6500 you should probably be looking at the SE7000 instead of SF7000