1. 24 hour Live Party in the Big Battle thread 20th -21st March. CannaPride March..bring your Best/current girls to the Party.. #showusyourbush Full Bragging Rights. Be there if you Dare. Let Celebrate Spring
    Dismiss Notice

Stress free Transplanting

Discussion in 'Autoflower Myth Busters' started by Tyler_Durden88, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Tyler_Durden88

Tyler_Durden88 aka Trich Daddy

Currently Smoking:
    Dont smoke lol
    I keep getting questions on how I transplant so here's a thread on how and when I do it. I know alot of ppl start in their final pots but there's a better chance of dampening off in a big pot and transplanting gives you faster growth and a overall healthier plant.

• I start my babies in a Styrofoam cup but a solo cup works as well. The Styrofoam is easier to work with so I reccomend that.
    • once your seedlings have 3 nodes and have a decent established root system it's time to transplant.
    •Wait for the medium to dry out so the roots and medium stay together and don't fall apart usually 1 day is fine.
    • Now take a razor blade and carefully cut away the cup. Don't cut deeply cut just enough for the cup to come apart.
    • Carfully pull the cup away as not to disturb or harm the roots and then place it in the bigger pot that should be ready and waiting for the transplant.
    • Once the seedlings transplanted water your plant and use any root mass or growth accelerators like voodoo juice or kelp juice if you have them.
    • You want to thoroughly water to bind the two mediums together but don't drown the thing. And I advise waiting a couple days or at least until the medium is less than 50% dry to water again.

Heres some pics to help show the process.

20190313_192920.jpg 20190313_192318.jpg 20190313_192253.jpg 20190313_192156.jpg

Mizzo81 likes this.
  2. Mizzo81

Mizzo81 Canna grower CannaZone Product Tester (Tier 2)

Nice write up Tyler. I do something similar sometimes. I saw it here a while back. I place the cup in the final pot and make a perfect hole
    for the transplant. I pull the cup out cut the bottom off then cut upthe side holding the cup together when making the side cuts u can leave a little at the top and bottom to hold together which will break as soon as u wiggle and pull. I slip the cup into the hole made earlier then finish the cut on both sides and while holding the young lady in place wiggle half side out-at a time. . No chance of break up this may be a better way for new folks trying.

3. Rwg111

Rwg111 Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN Global Moderator

Currently Smoking:
    Cdlc x sour stomper
    This is the method I use as well. Do you notice any difference in growth rate of transplants?

Mizzo81 likes this.
  4. Mizzo81

Mizzo81 Canna grower CannaZone Product Tester (Tier 2)

I believe starting in a small container and transplanting makes it easier to get fast growth. I use whatever I have on hand trying to stop cutting and throwing out so I been trying out Clone cones from rain science

Rwg111 likes this.
  5. Rwg111

Rwg111 Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN Global Moderator

Currently Smoking:
    Cdlc x sour stomper
    I feel as of the seedings grow faster in a small container

Mizzo81 likes this.