1. AFN IS BACK!!

Great News for Everyone is that WE'RE BACK! .... There's some minor issues still to fix, including picture upload size limits and some data over the last 10 days is currently missing and being searched for ... Bare with the Techies as this is worked out, as they've had a super rough ride for a week+

Three Cheers for the AFN ADMIN CREW

... Wwwillie ... Hobbes ... Mossy ... NG .... And all the others that made it work - Give them a high-five, rep-slap or kind word when you see them about

For more updates on the fixs or reporting any bugs, please see This Thread --> June 2019 Technical Issues

Dismiss Notice

Sunglasses for HPS lighting?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Personal Protective Equipment' started by CityHippie, Feb 6, 2019.

1. CityHippie

CityHippie Auto Warrior

I’ve seen videos where a film or covere has been placed over a camera lens to blend the lighting back to a natural white lighting. Does anyone know of a name brand or type of glasses i could purchase?

Tags:
    TheMongol and archie gemmill like this.
  2. archie gemmill

archie gemmill Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN Staff Member Global Moderator

Zero7 no thats a band method 7 ?
    :pass:

TheMongol and Mizzo81 like this.
  3. Belivitez

Belivitez Son of Sun Gladiator Level 2

Im disappointed with quality of method7 glasses. After one year they actually broken in pieces :nono:

TheMongol and archie gemmill like this.
  4. Shaawing

Shaawing A.Friend.Indeed

Currently Smoking:
    Meph
    I paid less than 20 bucks canadian for mine off amazon, makes the orange hps look like normal colors and even came with lenses for blurple led. Had them for 2 years and still in great condition...

Stop paying extra for a brand name..

MrOldBoy likes this.
  5. RayWear

RayWear Auto Warrior AFN Authorized Vendor

There are many options for high quality, color corrective lenses. Method 7 is the most popular in cannabis, but they are expensive. I have never had any issue with their quality, so that is a unique complaint. But beyond that, you can find several options ranging from $20-Up. So if you have a tendency to lose or break glasses, you might want other options. You are just looking for a lens with the following attributes: color-correction, ANSI Z87.1 certified UV protection, and preferably in a style that has more of a wrap-around fit. You want to avoid aviator style or wayfarer style (i.e.RayBan) glasses because they leave large gaps next to your eyes which defeat the entire purpose.

MrOldBoy likes this.
  6. Belivitez

Belivitez Son of Sun Gladiator Level 2

Update guys! I will receive brand new glasses... Sooo method7 :bighug:

MrOldBoy likes this.
  7. Dan34475

Dan34475 Welcome to the CannaZone

There's a large number of color filters available. Not sure which you would need for your particular lights. Filters: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=color+fi...ix=color+filters+,aps,221&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_2_14
    You might be better off turning off your lights and using a daylight balanced led and flash. I've used these bulbs: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Feit-El...men-Utility-Light-Bulb-C4000-5K-LED/206677057