1. It's back for season 2! ... This is one of the most fun, diverse Comp's we run, full of thrills, chills and spills! So slap that helmet on, grab your best beans and start bustin' moves... Boooiiiii! ... just check in with our fab' MC 912GreenSkell.....
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Did you miss the interview with AgriScience Laboratories yesterday?

Come learn about cannabinoid testing and variance, pesticide/contaminant testing requirements in the state of Colorado, and how state/federal regulations factor into those requirements!

CLICK HERE TO LISTEN!
    Dismiss Notice

Supercharge your worm castings!

Discussion in 'Autoflower Myth Busters' started by pop22, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Tommy McCain

Tommy McCain Manure Connoisseur

I would like to add to this post. One thing I have noticed with neem in EWC is that it can make the mix a little "hot". I had one batch of castings where I really pushed the neem on the worms. The castings are great for topdressing plants that are more mature. I top dress the castings and I see a difference in 24 hours. This "Neem EWC" (that is what I call it in my brain) is unbelievable for managing bug problems on the soil surface. One topdressing on a pot is all that is needed to get rid of fungus gnats.

That being said, I have noticed that this is not the best castings for starting seeds or clones. The plants do not like something with all the neem and I think it may be just too much for the small plants.

I now have one small "neem batch" because I see the benefits of the bug suppression with the topdressing of quality EWC ( for those who have made their own castings, you know what i mean). I also make a "nursery batch" of castings for starting seeds and clones. This consists of leaf mold and manure base with kelp meal and lime mixed in. I use pine bark fines and rice hulls for aeration.

Jraven and Green Goblin like this.
  2. pop22

pop22 Frankensteins Lab Leader CannaZone Product Tester (Tier 2)

Yes, neem is known to suppress growth in seedlings, I made the mistake of using too much neem in my soil once. Better to top dress after they have growth for at least a couple weeks.

Mizzo81, Tommy McCain and Jraven like this.