1. AFN IS BACK!!

Great News for Everyone is that WE'RE BACK! .... There's some minor issues still to fix, including picture upload size limits and some data over the last 10 days is currently missing and being searched for ... Bare with the Techies as this is worked out, as they've had a super rough ride for a week+

Three Cheers for the AFN ADMIN CREW

... Wwwillie ... Hobbes ... Mossy ... NG .... And all the others that made it work - Give them a high-five, rep-slap or kind word when you see them about

For more updates on the fixs or reporting any bugs, please see This Thread --> June 2019 Technical Issues

Dismiss Notice

tCheck 2 in the house of FD

Discussion in 'tCheck' started by FullDuplex, Nov 6, 2018.

1. FullDuplex

FullDuplex Chasing Fat B!tch3s Staff Member Global Moderator (SA)

I have been given the pleasure to test the tCheck 2 here at the house. This item has the potential to show me everything from flower to my coconut oils that i use to make baked goods.

The Device.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As of right now i have done a few tests and am working with the engineering department with my results. It seems that the infusions, (coconut oil and tincture) are coming out close to desired THC. The one thing that i am seeing the largest difference on is the flower aspect of the device.

I have local lab tested (industry testing) strains that were tested at 19-21% and 27-29% thc. When tested in the tCheck the same flower tested as follows.

Anvil Lab test 19-21%
    - tCheck 11-12%

Royal Kush 27-29%
    - tCheck 14-15%

The book calls for a 10% +/- but that is a little off. I have provided my results to the team and am awaiting a response. Stay tuned for results and to see what comes of the testing.

Tags:
  2. Mr.Prospector

Mr.Prospector Welcome to the CannaZone

Currently Smoking:
    Mephisto Orange Crack
    What were the lab results of the infusions of these strains? I've been curious about this device.

Mcdee and Mizzo81 like this.
  3. lunarman

lunarman Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN

any updates on the testing? Or is this thing dead?

Mcdee and Mizzo81 like this.
  4. Mcdee

Mcdee Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN Gladiator Level 2

I was wanting to know as well, I am looking to get 1 or similar product. Is it still off by 10%+? That seems to be a lot to me.

Mizzo81 and lunarman like this.
  5. Simplicio

Simplicio Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN

I bought one of these several months ago.
    I don't think it works right.
    My long soak infusions, both oil and alcohol came out way too high, by a factor of 4 or more.

It correctly tested zero on plain alcohol, but when I tried fan leaves soaked in alcohol, the device thought they were stronger than flower.
    My tentative belief is that chlorophyll screws it up.
    Or maybe they sent me a dud.

I've been making infusions for some time, have lab experience, and don't think it's my fault.

Mizzo81 and Mcdee like this.
  6. Root

Root Grandma Roody Staff Member Global Moderator

Currently Smoking:
    My Genius Pipe!
    I ran a test on some cheese we grew last year, it came up 19.9% THCa
    Accidentally left it soaking all night, which extracted more of the chlorophyll than can be done in the 5 minutes, and it came up 20.6 THCa (understandable that the alcohol extracted more overnight) It was very green.
    Then just to see, I ran a test on some green leaf of some autos we just harvested, that came up 6.8 THCa (understandable because there are cannabinoids in some leaves)

Seems like I am getting consistent readings.

Mizzo81 and STILLSMOKIN like this.