The "AFN ASHES" Aus vs. UK

Discussion in 'Live Grow Battles' started by Budson 420, Jun 16, 2017.

1. AnonymousGrower2

AnonymousGrower2 Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN

2 weeks would suit me too......is it yield we are going for or best looking plant ?.....one plant each or multiple entries......3 individual single cola plants ,middle one slightly cut down and the outer 2 with their colas bent inwards to resemble a set of stumps.......any merit in a vivid imagination ......then when we retain the ashes ,we could celebrate and smoke the lot and when they are sending the next prison ship over we could send them the white ash of the stumps we smoked .......real ashes ,pureists may be able to tell if its be flushed correctly

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

WalterW, Mossy, Eclectic Elle and 3 others like this.
  2. puggle6

puggle6 HydroPotato!

I won't be ready to go until late August, I thought it was going to be a september 1st thing? Maybe confused with the other comps.

Single plant nominated at the start? How about a scoring system? Yield per watt, and bonus points for aesthetics voted by afn?

f6

3. Budson 420

Budson 420 is it 420 yet?

Hmm maybe we will have to do different starting dates..?
    Your not confused F6 we did decide to do a comp on September 1st but that's just between us Aussies, the outdoor grow off.
    You can't magically hook up another bucket into that crazy setup you have yourself :eyebrows:

WalterW, Mossy, Eclectic Elle and 2 others like this.
  4. Budson 420

Budson 420 is it 420 yet?

I spouse we can't go for yield either now I think of it, I wanna do two plants.. everyone's gonna want different amount.
    But noooicee!! Maybe even have said three plants in a large tote of some sort? Would look that little bit tidier.
    Don't worry dude us Aussie will grow buds so delicious you'll be trying to smoke the ashes we send you:vibe:

5. puggle6

puggle6 HydroPotato!

I almost could but having crowding issues with 4! Might only do 2 next time ;)

Aggregate team yield per watt is best way to decide but also some voting perhaps plant/man of the match etc

f6

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
  6. EvilScotsman

EvilScotsman Eat,sleep,grow,repeat Gladiator level 1

yeah i think votes for best plants would be better for fairness aswell. going by yield would be an instant advantage for some. im doing auto ultimate in hydro though so itll be my advantage actually. go with yeild lol

Mossy, Eclectic Elle and Budson 420 like this.
  7. G.Leave

G.Leave Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN Staff Member Global Moderator

Even best plants puts guys with small weaker lights at a huge disadvantage...and really shouldnt it be about quality? Best live bud or cola pic i think is the best solution. But its your contest guys!

8. EvilScotsman

EvilScotsman Eat,sleep,grow,repeat Gladiator level 1

hmm, i could go for that like. in terms of fairness and ability to make a decision on whos grown the best quality weed id say thats the best idea so far : )

Mossy, Eclectic Elle and Budson 420 like this.
  9. puggle6

puggle6 HydroPotato!

Just making the point that the ashes.. team... test match..

Just saying.., as inaugural we pretty much don't know what each team/player has, so advantage/smantage, get the best out of 1 nominated plant and tally gram/watt for the team, because weak light doesnt mean cant get a good ratio

Votes for best plant for sure.

Cricket isnt a beauty contest.. but sometimes..it is

f6

10. puggle6

puggle6 HydroPotato!

Maybe even choose a kick off date once rules sorted but more importantly perhaps finish date, ie: when the real ashes finish. Plenty of time for everyone to finish?

Almost need to consider a 6month season for ashes players. Neat thing is we could do world cup in off season lol

If still not fair for gram/watt ratios, make the players with high end lamps to calc on rated watt, not draw.. I am on 860w retrofit which is 1000w equiv etc

f6

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
Tags: