The RSO Chat Thread -- Phoenix Tears, Hemp Oil, Cannabis Oil, Rick Simpson Oil, etc...

• Good morning everyone! So I spent the day installing and upgrading a new add-on for AFN that effects our vendor and breeder forums. It's the same setup that we are using on High of the Tiger, but we didn't realize it would effect members a bit differently here on how it's been received.

The major benefit of the add-on is that it allows breeders/vendors a global calendar (that they add their own events to,) a group media gallery, group discussion area, an information/about tab, and a few other goodies that should make the experience overall a better one.

One major caveat to point out, the new groups (where you see the overlay) unfortuantely *REQUIRE* you to join them in order to post in them. This is done by design of the software (and I understand why,) however it's been requested to see if we can circumvent this somehow. I will inquire to the developer to see if it's an option available or one that can be added to future versions. So to be clear, you MUST JOIN the group to be able to post and reply, even if your existing threads were there before. We apologize for this minor inconvenience but it's a one-time deal and then it's back to business :-)
  • Hey we're testing out our new Raffle/Giveaway software and wanted to invite you all to try it out with us for a chance to win a Smokin' Screws pipe screen!

This will be for USA-based growers only (to start,) and the only requirements are 25 minimum post count to put in an entry (which you can do once per hour!)

Click Here to Enter!
Cannabis Seeds

Yeatster

Auto Warrior
Apr 18, 2016
Great thread @Rebel. I am in the beginning research phase of making RSO. If all goes as planned, I will have made it sometime next month.

Thanks to all who contributed.

Reb, I sure hope your wife is feeling better.

Last edited:
Reactions: budelee and Root

Merdawk

Auto Warrior
Jan 30, 2017
Happy to shed light on making RSO - if any of the mods would like to discuss more with me.

https://skunkpharmresearch.com/qwet-extraction/ is a great writeup on a simple at home procedure for making an extract. Quick wash ethanol extraction (QWET) and quick wash isopropyl extraction (QWISO) are both effective methods. These solvents both capture the majority of the compounds in the plant and can be easily distilled off with minimal flavor loss. Further winterization is necessary if you would like to vaporize or dab the extract (freezing the extract in ethanol to remove the waxes - they will settle out to the bottom and can then be filtered). Otherwise it can be mixed with a carrier like coconut oil/butter/etc. and ingested. This is a great way to utilize parts of the plant that are not smoked like the stems/leaves. Using just the trichomes as the raw material for the extract will provide a very clean/potent extract with little other plant compounds like chlorophyll.

It is important to make sure all the solvent is drawn off before use...unless you like consuming straight ethanol/isopropyl...typically that is counter-intuitive tho!