• Come join us as we welcome Horticulture Lighting Group to the Autoflower Network!

We have an official representative from HLG that will be active on the forum to answer your questions, several units that are coming for our official product testing (grow and show's,) and we'll be working together to provide better information on lighting in general!

Come say hello!
  • Do you LOVE AFN?? bighug We do too!! But we need your help to keep the servers running!

If you feel like AFN has been useful in your journey and would like to help us pay some of the bills, we have a gofundme page setup for donations.
    Any amount that you can spare will be gratefully received

Click [HERE] to donate to AFN

The Weak Link and the Art of Training Yourself to be a better grower

G.Leave

Auto Warrior
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
@Dudeski - Hey my friend....can i ask you to edit this into my article please bud.

13 Improper Lighting -
If you supply improper lighting yields and quality on your plants will suffer. Indoors, there is many selections of light from Ceramic Metal Halide, LED and old school fluorescent (T5/T8). Each light has a sweet spot and that will vary depending on the specific light model as well as the stage of growth the plant is in. If you move your light too far from the plants, they will stretch out too much, and bud spacing will be too far from the light source and density especially on the lower flowers will suffer. Outdoors, insufficient direct sunlight(less than 6 hours direct) will also impact the flower production in the same way. Indoors lights in very close proximity to the plants will often cause light stress(bleaching). Using light proper is crucial to a great grow!!

NateNobody

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Critical+ 2.0, Bloody Skunk, 2Fast 2Vast
What's up @912GreenSkell? I just finished the "Weak Link" post, as I told you I would, and I have to say that it is a pretty great read brother! (but I'm a 912 fan already) I read the entire thing (the post, not the thread) and I would say that even if someone were new to the grow arts, it's a very easy, straight forward read. You cover all the ins and outs of growing, the hurdles that even seasoned guys and gals can encounter, whether self-induced or enviromental/strain related. Great job brother. You knocked it out of the park. :bow:

I would add something to a point that you made, actually it will add to 2 of your points. You covered [HASHTAG]#7[/HASHTAG]:Excess Heat and [HASHTAG]#10[/HASHTAG]: High Humidity. This comment is basically for any new growers, but for anyone facing these specific issues. I've found that the strains that do work best in both these situations are pure sativas, or more sativa leaning hybrids. It makes sense, since they mostly originate in that exact environment. I hope I didn't overstep the boundaries brother, just thought that this info could be helpful. You and anyone else, feel free to do the same on any of my threads here. Again brother 912, I enjoyed the read. I also have to spread the rep, but I will definitely be back to rep this one. :peace: