• Best AFN Outdoor Auto Grower of 2020: 1st: 420Forever 2nd: 4d-Rock 3rd: Jean-O CONGRATULATIONS
  • Best AFN Outdoor photosensitive Grower of 2020: 1st Kyote 2nd Dankstyle J 3rd Jean-O CONGRATULATIONS
  • BOMB Seeds: 1st: JohnEMad 2nd: pop22
  • DinaFem 2020 second leg: 1st: Only1Sky 2nd: St. Tom 3rd: Feenix
  • Zamnesia 2020: 1st: HighnDry 2nd: Only1Sky
  • Auto Seeds 2020: 1st: MesaBoogie 2nd: Only1Sky
  • FastBuds 2020 1st: Chronic_passion 2nd: St. Tom
  • Female Seeds Autos 2020: 1st: HighnDry 2nd: pop22 3rd: Boognelson87
  • Female Seeds Photos 2020: 1st: pop22
  • Seedstockers 2020: 1st: JohnEMad Chronic_passion

Tips for 1st time coco grower?

NorthernLights_420

Stoner Grower
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Weed
cant you graft a wooden pallet or something like that from somewhere also I've got a small greenhouse heater for getting rid of the run off its dry in no time
I cud but dont want to raise my plants that high either. Something shorter. Maybe I cud just use wood but thinner. Have boards with space in between all the way across the tent. Like 2x4 treated boards or something.

St. Tom

chillin like a villain
Staff member
Super Gladiator
AFN Global Moderator
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
dinafem cookies
I cud but dont want to raise my plants that high either. Something shorter. Maybe I cud just use wood but thinner. Have boards with space in between all the way across the tent. Like 2x4 treated boards or something.
I use anything to hand bro but that should give you some ideas

idiopathic neuropathy

It's all in your head.
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
FWIW I'm in the process of harvesting 2.2 gallon autopot coco/perlite 3 part synthetic nutes without any "extras"
20210107_201216.jpg
20210107_200924.jpg

AJrexxx

Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN
Staff member
AFN Global Moderator
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Durban Poison, Green Crack, Vintage Blueberry
1st time coco grower. Using Mother Earth Coco which has perlite mixed in. Any tips or advice for a first time coco grower? I just planted my first 2 seeds with coco in solo cups tonight. 2 Mephisto strains (Jammy Dodgers & Orange-utan) I've grown hydro and in soil so I know the basics. Ph 5.5 to 6.5 in coco so I'm thinking to aim for 6ph when I feed. Shud i water twice daily? I know it's impossible to overwater in coco so I'm excited about that and also excited for more hydro like growth without the air pumps n stones. Anything I'm missing? Or shud know? I'll be feeding with mega crop nutrients start to finish. Got a bluelab combo meter for accuracy when measuring ph and ppm. I use 0ppm RO Water. I'm thinking of grabbing some extra csl mag just in case. Feel free to help a brother out. Thanks. Journal for these 2 strains getting started now. Thanks for anyone who chimes in :headbang:
I always shoot a little low on my PH it will naturally rise in your substrate. I converted to mega crop a few years ago and use whatever coco is cheap and just rinse well. In my experience PPMs low is the best option. I never go over 800 ppms, not because it will hurt your plant per se it is just a waste of nutrient. Plus if you a have good plant going you will be feeding 2x a day. With Mega Crop I have never added cal mag. Long as you do not lock your plant out you will be fine.

NorthernLights_420

Stoner Grower
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Weed
I usually dont go over 700ppm so I feel you on the less is better. I was planning on feeding meg's crop mixed with ro water at 5.7 ph. Usually my ph lands about there after mixing nutes so I may not even have to adjust like I have too bring it up to 6.5 ph in my soil grow.

AJrexxx

Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN
Staff member
AFN Global Moderator
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Durban Poison, Green Crack, Vintage Blueberry
I usually dont go over 700ppm so I feel you on the less is better. I was planning on feeding meg's crop mixed with ro water at 5.7 ph. Usually my ph lands about there after mixing nutes so I may not even have to adjust like I have too bring it up to 6.5 ph in my soil grow.
When I mix megacrop near 800 ppm I am at about 5.6 I use and accurate 8 soil meter and the PH would rise to about 5.8-6 by next water. This is making me want to do a coco run haven't done one in a minute.