Olde School Player

Celebrating 44th anniversary of my 1st grow
Feb 25, 2018
Middle Coast
Currently Smoking
Dinafem Blue Cheese Auto, FastBuds' RhinoRyder (Medicine Man), FastBuds GorillaGlue
Thanks OSP, as soon as we have met with them we will see how we can make that happen.

Bye the way, I am in for 100

@Dudeski thanks for the quick action on that, havin' my back.
So rather than have you match mine, let's combine our two donations of $100 each and ask others on here to match yours & mine. $100 becomes $200 becomes $400. That's what I had in mind when I made my match offer & your offer adds up twice as fast.
@Son of Hobbes mentioned that he did a Go Fund Me page for the Vet he was helping. I have never used that app so tagging him here - is that a viable option to track and control donation offers and matching?
@Dudeski , is it feasible to have a badge created for participants' avatars that could direct interested members to this? Or if that's not practical, perhaps we could have a donation thread we can each add to our posts like we do for grow threads? Anything that will draw attention to this worthy cause & get the word out to others. I'd really like to see this grow

Dudeski

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Apr 2, 2016
Currently Smoking
Fairy Frost by Portal
So rather than have you match mine, let's combine our two donations of $100 each and ask others on here to match yours & mine. $100 becomes $200 becomes $400. That's what I had in mind when I made my match offer & your offer adds up twice as fast.
@Son of Hobbes mentioned that he did a Go Fund Me page for the Vet he was helping. I have never used that app so tagging him here - is that a viable option to track and control donation offers and matching?
@Dudeski , is it feasible to have a badge created for participants' avatars that could direct interested members to this? Or if that's not practical, perhaps we could have a donation thread we can each add to our posts like we do for grow threads? Anything that will draw attention to this worthy cause & get the word out to others. I'd really like to see this grow
I'm not sure about avatars, but I think a badge would be a good idea. This has to go thru @Son of Hobbes . I think as this moves forward there will be much more activity in this thread.

Keeping a link handy to the website helps a lot.

Olde School Player

Feb 25, 2018
Middle Coast
Currently Smoking
Dinafem Blue Cheese Auto, FastBuds' RhinoRyder (Medicine Man), FastBuds GorillaGlue
Avatars ... bad wording on my part... you hit it though, the badges under a member's sig pic. And I saw after posting that, those badges don't support links to an area that could support this. Will watch & wait, thanks.

Dudeski

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Apr 2, 2016
Currently Smoking
Fairy Frost by Portal
A badge showing support does bring attention to the cause. It's a great idea. But has to be done by admin.

Olde School Player

Feb 25, 2018
Middle Coast
Currently Smoking
@Dudeski @Eekman @NateNobody @MedGrower

Posting a bump since this thread has seen no activity going on a week now.
@Son of Hobbes - is there anything I can do to help move this along?
@Need4Weed also offered to put in some time for assistance.
Eekman and I have each offered to contribute $100 in matching others' contributions from AFN but I'm not sure how the mechanics for that would work? I've looked at the GoFundMe website and they don't seem to have a matching contribution feature. Plus for whatever reason, if I understand their program descriptions, they charge more to fund nonprofit / charity events than other personal-help-me funding events. I probably just don't understand how that works....
Would OCC have staff to help track matching? Can they accept PayPal directly to OCC? Do we need to do that here manually through a forum thread?
I know everyone's busy, but this is a great cause. I'd hate to see it fade off into the sunset. Input welcome.

Aquadoll

Auto Warrior
Apr 15, 2018
@Dudeski @Eekman @NateNobody @MedGrower

Posting a bump since this thread has seen no activity going on a week now.
@Son of Hobbes - is there anything I can do to help move this along?
@Need4Weed also offered to put in some time for assistance.
Eekman and I have each offered to contribute $100 in matching others' contributions from AFN but I'm not sure how the mechanics for that would work? I've looked at the GoFundMe website and they don't seem to have a matching contribution feature. Plus for whatever reason, if I understand their program descriptions, they charge more to fund nonprofit / charity events than other personal-help-me funding events. I probably just don't understand how that works....
Would OCC have staff to help track matching? Can they accept PayPal directly to OCC? Do we need to do that here manually through a forum thread?
I know everyone's busy, but this is a great cause. I'd hate to see it fade off into the sunset. Input welcome.
Hi. My husband served New Zealand Army East Timour peacekeeping force. As a wife and mother I'd like to extend any help i can to growing and emotional support. Having a partner with chronic PTSD is terrifying at times. But with cannabis families can lead normal lives. In Australia its swept under the rug. If we can't support vets world wide what hope does society hold. Kids should not be scared of the next flashback. Employers need to understand that freedom isn't given, its fought for by those society more often than not ignores out of ignorance. My 14 year old son is part of the Army cadets program here in Brisbane so I'm passionate about trying to change the narrow minded fuk head views that some people get. Yer I'm a Aussie. Family had served since before the Romans invaded Brittany. Support those who served and have served or oneday maybe people will just say "Why should I? They treat the forces like crap."

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Son of Hobbes

High of the Tiger
Staff member
Site Administrator
Oct 8, 2012
Colorado
www.autoflower.net
Hey guys, I just talked to Shawn Lerma, the director for OCC, today on the phone and we're going to work scheduling an interview with him on our Mixlr Radio channel (we're bringing it back if you know what it was, if you don't, it's a live streaming radio link where you can listen to things we broadcast live as it happens!) We're going to talk about what they do and what they are about and he actually had a cool suggestion, that we do a radio spot once per month bringing veterans on to just talk about how cannabis has helped them. I thought that was a kick ass idea. So we're going to work out the logistics for that (honestly if you have Skype that's all you need,) but just throwing it out there to see if we can get some traction. I heard @namvet25 likes to get on the radio...

NateNobody

Auto Warrior
Apr 1, 2018
Currently Smoking
Critical+ 2.0, Bloody Skunk, 2Fast 2Vast
(In the voice of the late, great Robin Williams in "Good Morning Vietnam) GOOD MORNING AFN!!!! I have been very busy at work the past couple weeks, but still had my brothers and sisters here on my mind. I have just completed a new tutorial for my new OCC growers, but for anyone that might benefit from it. It is "Cloning On The Cheap." I put a link in my signature at the bottom. It is a really cost effective way to continue your progress, and move you toward your next successful grow as cheaply as possible. @Eekman and @Son of Hobbes, check it out and see what you think. I didn't talk silica or kelp or the like, to keep it simple and cheap for our new converts.:peace:

Rev. Green Genes

Time is an Illusion. Lunchtime doubly So.
Staff member
Global Moderator
Dec 20, 2016
Sweet-Tooth in the land of Candy
www.something.com
Currently Smoking
Alien V. Triangle, Double Grape
Hey guys, I just talked to Shawn Lerma, the director for OCC, today on the phone and we're going to work scheduling an interview with him on our Mixlr Radio channel (we're bringing it back if you know what it was, if you don't, it's a live streaming radio link where you can listen to things we broadcast live as it happens!) We're going to talk about what they do and what they are about and he actually had a cool suggestion, that we do a radio spot once per month bringing veterans on to just talk about how cannabis has helped them. I thought that was a kick ass idea. So we're going to work out the logistics for that (honestly if you have Skype that's all you need,) but just throwing it out there to see if we can get some traction. I heard @namvet25 likes to get on the radio...
Great job SoH. Sounds great to me. I guess I'll have to figure out skype now.....