• Come join us as we welcome Horticulture Lighting Group to the Autoflower Network!

We have an official representative from HLG that will be active on the forum to answer your questions, several units that are coming for our official product testing (grow and show's,) and we'll be working together to provide better information on lighting in general!

Come say hello!
  • Do you LOVE AFN?? bighug We do too!! But we need your help to keep the servers running!

If you feel like AFN has been useful in your journey and would like to help us pay some of the bills, we have a gofundme page setup for donations.
    Any amount that you can spare will be gratefully received

Click [HERE] to donate to AFN

Welcome to the teas section

Stinky Pete

Grower of all things psycadellic
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Northern Lights x Exodus Cheese
Henco firstly I should apologise for such a short post and not explaining properly.

I am not sure about the soilatest cause I was thinking of doing an organic soil run with a veg and bloom tea and then giving soilless grow a go with the teas.

I would rather like to make my own team cause it's something I've been wanting to do for ages. And I think this time I'm gonna do it.

I have my own worm farm and compost pile so I have some of the basics. I just need to get the other stuff down.

Pete :greenthumb:

Stinky Pete

Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Yeah soilless is another venture I want to play around with at some stage. Buy till now I can't get away from organic soil. It's just so rewarding.

I always got hold of Guano for feeding but Bloom fertilizer is hard to get and the ones I can get hold of cost a bit to much for an entire season. If I could get through with just one or 2 plants then yeah but unfortunately I love smoking a lot. LoL.

So I want to make my own teas for feeding. It sounds and looks like a lot of fun

Pete ;greenthumb:

Stinky Pete

Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Wow Henco. That is some great info you passed along. :thanks:

I just read through some of it quickly, actually just the bloom fertiliser part, and I am surprised at how easy it is. And apart from that you don't use much at all.

I will get started on my brews asap.

Pete :greenthumb:

db003

Auto Warrior
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
hey everyone I just wanted to share my tea that I am going to make for my plants

well I decided to give my plants one last compost/worm castings tea

I am going to make it like I did last time and pre-charge my compost and worm castings before I brew with it by blending the ingredients in a bag with a bit of water for 24 hours before I use it to brew with (I do this to get the microbes active to cut down on the brewing time)

I put some plain carbon filtered tap water (filtered water not R/O water) about 4 gallons in my 5 gallon bucket that I am going to let bubble overnight (I added 2 grams of sodium ascorbic to the water to help remove the chloramine chlorine from the water before I use it)

so tomorrow morning I will add my pre-charged compost and worm castings to my bucket this time I will be adding it to a filter bag instead of just dumping it in like I did last time

I made this batch with

1 cup Malibu compost (in its own bag)
1 cup worm casting (in its own bag)
2 tablespoons insect frass (one tbsp. per bag)
2 tablespoons bokashi (one tbsp. per bag)
1/8 tsp. grandma's unsulphured molasses mixed with one cup of water

see you all tomorrow when I start my brew

001.JPG
002.JPG
004.JPG
005.JPG
006.JPG
007.JPG
008.JPG
009.JPG
010.JPG
011.JPG
012.JPG
015.JPG
017.JPG
019.JPG
020.JPG

db003

Auto Warrior
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
hello everyone :coffee2:

so I got up this morning and got my tea ready to brew!

I took my Malibu compost and my worm castings that I pre charged overnight and put them in the mesh bag and I took one of the two bubble air stone lines and put it inside the mesh bag and used a binder clip to hold it to the side of the bucket the bubble air stone line goes in the bottom of the bucket

next I added one teaspoon of roots organics surge (its a Hydrolyzed fish product plus kelp and humic acid) just for food for the microbes and I also added one tablespoon of grandma's unsulphured molasses more food for the microbes

I covered it with a bucket lid to prevent foam from going everywhere lol

here is a full list of what I used in the tea
I made this batch with

1 cup Malibu compost
1 cup worm casting
2 tablespoons insect frass
2 tablespoons bokashi
1 tablespoon grandma's unsulphured molasses
1 teaspoon roots organics surge

now all I have to do is let it bubble for 24 hours and water my plants with it tomorrow

001.JPG
002.JPG
003.JPG
004.JPG
006.JPG
007.JPG
008.JPG
009.JPG
010.JPG
011.JPG
012.JPG
013.JPG
015.JPG

Dabber

I grow BEAST with Autocobs and Mega Crop
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Russian Creme
1/4 cup vermicompost (worm castings)
- 1/4 cup fungal-dominated compost
- 1/4 cup garden soil
- 1/4 cup forest soil
- 1.5 ounce of soluble unsulphured black-strap molasses
- 2 ounce of soluble kelp
- 1.5 ounce humic acids
- 1.5 ounce fish emulsion
- 3 tablespoons rock dust
I fed my girls @ day 4 and will again around day 21 My plants seemed to love it next batch will have a banana peel tea added to the mix. Per 5 gallon