1. Festivus is wrapping up. Stop in and congratulate the winners. https://www.autoflower.net/forums/forums/3rd-annual-afn-festivus/
    Dismiss Notice

Well. Things are going downhill fast

Discussion in 'Autoflower Infirmary for Sick Plants' started by Wallflower82, Nov 20, 2018.

1. pop22

pop22 Frankensteins Lab Leader CannaZone Product Tester (Tier 2)

Interesting. First brand I've heard of that could make that claim! I'll have to look into them.

Wallflower82 likes this.
  2. Waira

Waira Growing strange,... Staff Member Global Moderator (SA)

Currently Smoking:
    Bum Wine, FugeueState, SexBud, C+2.0
    :smoking: I'm a picky bastard too brudda, and cheap- :rofl: - but last thing I wanted was another electrode bulb-type soil pH probe that needs the same hand-wringing PITA care and maintenance that a pH meter requires! The A8 was a good compromise... I had my doubts, but it's been a valuable tool, saved a few plants that had in-pot pH's take ugly dives (what prompted me to try it), but thanks to it, got caught before any real harm was done.... Since then, it's been a gem for monitoring and catching any prob's before they got out of hand,... it has it's limitations, used wrong it'll give inaccurate reading, but that's true of any pH probe,... most common ones are testing after the plant has been fed (skews results temporarily), or in soil that's too dry or totally soaked; removed too soon from soil (it need to sit for a couple minutes to stabilize); that bi=metal tip needs to be kept clean, buffed out to remove any tarnish or corrosion,... needs to be stored in a non-abusive environment... My grow client stored his in an tiny outside plastic closet-sized storage unit with other nasty chem's for his landscape plants, and it killed the probe after a year or so,... mine is 4+ and still works well!
    Since you're a man that appreciates data, here's the last testing I did ( I know the A8 won't last forever! gotta hawk it for accuracy more as it ages)....
    --- two soils: Royal Gold King's mix (damn nice soil, my go-to now), and Roots Original...
    -- for the slurry, a cuppa soil and RO water each, mixed and let set for about an hour
    -- pH meter calibration checked....
    -- soil mini-pots set up day before
    -- for kicks, I tested the liquids for TDS as well...
    .... KM soil by probe was 6.2, slurry 6.4, TDS 104
    ... RO soil by probe was 6.5; slurry was 6.3, TDS 325 ............... :biggrin: Try one out pop22, for what it is, I think you'll find it handy! :pass:

Wallflower82 and pop22 like this.
  3. pop22

pop22 Frankensteins Lab Leader CannaZone Product Tester (Tier 2)

I'lll grab one soon! Thanks for the info!

:cheers::pass:

Waira likes this.
  4. Wallflower82

Wallflower82 Welcome to the CannaZone

Just a quick update, she’s still alive and kicking, I don’t know how much more bud she’s gonna make and I’ve been having a hell of a time eying to figure out if she’s done.. my eyesight is a lot worse than it used to be or this loupe I picked up on amazon is pretty terrible.. I’m having such a hard time seeing these trichromes and all I’m doing is giving myself a headache and getting dizzy tryin. It says 60 zoom, has m is eyesight really gone that bad in 10 years ...

I also have been trying to use it in conjunction with my phone, thinking I can snap a pic and then have time to actually look at it but my hands are so unsteady I just need to walk away at this point lol!!! Here’s a few pics That kind of came out, I feel like I see amber in there I just don’t know, the buds are awfully small but since she’s a blue amnesia I didn’t want her to go more than 5-10 percent Amber

I’ve been looking at pocket microscopes on amazon and it seems like all they are is the same scope from China rebranded from seller to seller... I looked at clip on macro lens for my phone too but I just have my doubts on how well a 19$ set of lenses is gonna do for this and not everything is compatible with my iPhone 8plus , what a headache. Seems there are a lot more options than loupe’s these days... what do you guys have luck with? Particularly if you have poor eyesight and have found a way to get the image on a screen of some kind

Pineapple Express are growing incredibly fast it’s time to start a grow diary before they grow up without one, they’re wasting no time.. I have 3 sour cracks from mephisto getting ready to go in dirt as well. I like the roots organic soil but I’m just not sure when the Pineapple Express will want food, I would assume they like to eat a lot, just an educated guess. I figured on starting to feed lightly around week 3 or 4 to see how they do. Has anyone used roots organic with megacrop / sweet candy / bud explosion etc ? When do you typically start to feed an auto in that ?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
    Waira likes this.
  5. Wallflower82

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019 at 11:54 AM
    DABaracuss and Waira like this.
  6. DTOM420

DTOM420 Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN

Currently Smoking:
    Cookies, Purple Punch, Royal Sensi, Blue Burnout
    That last picture is what it looks like through my loupe and my WiFi microscope. Looking at that one, if it was me, I’d harvest. But, im not much into couch-lock bud and neither is my wife. So, I’m learning to harsh at the first bit of amber trichomes or even right before. Looks like plenty of amber in that picture to me and they all seem to be cloudy. I say chop, enjoy and restart anew with all the knowledge and tools you’ve acquired on this round!! Congrats!!

Did you start a journal?

7. Wallflower82

I’ll be starting it tonight, I have about 2 days off to get things done.. so far I made rice krispy treat edibles out of the trim, I ended up with about 14g of high quality trim from thand cookies so waiting on that to cool, just a small batch so they should be strong hopefully...

I’m with you on that one, I’m not into couch lock weed and neither is my gf. the upper part of the plant just seems way more mature than the bottom ... I think I may take your advice and chop the readier looking bits and, since I don’t need the room yet, she can take her time with the bottom smaller buds and maybe bulk up a little on those.

How do you like your WiFi microscope ??? I’m wondering if that might be easie to get pictures from. Do you have a brand you prefer or ? This loupe is a pain in the butt lol

8. DTOM420

Currently Smoking:
    I don’t much care for my microscope but I think I got a dud. Lol. The image is fine but the connection to my phone lags horribly at times. I don’t know if it’s the unit or my phone. It works for taking pix but I have to take a bunch to get a few useable ones. I may get another one that’s better - I got the cheapest one I could find. Haha! When the connection is working good, it’s totally awesome!

DABaracuss, Waira and Wallflower82 like this.
  9. Waira

Waira Growing strange,... Staff Member Global Moderator (SA)

Currently Smoking:
    Bum Wine, FugeueState, SexBud, C+2.0
    :yeahthat:....

DTOM420 and DABaracuss like this.
  10. DTOM420

Currently Smoking:
    Lol!

:worship: