What are the main factors in low harvest?

vincenoir

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Hello not sure is this right forum but at least not too bad:=

I made my first autos and they stayed little and flowers are less and not dense depending on general growing level.

Anyway If I make my lst truely, what are the other main factors or points when it comes to more bud or more dense buds, or both. Maybe like defolitation?

I use HPS 400 for 4 plants with Advanced nutrition fertilizers with general temperature and humidity conditions.

Mañ'O'Green

Kia ora. Retired to watch the grass grow.
Staff member
AFN Global Moderator
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Dabs of Rosin.
@vincenoir :welcome:Welcome to AFN:welcome: Growing cannabis indoors has a steep learning curve. If you got your first plants to harvest that is a good thing.:toke:

Start with good genetics, Control your environment tightly 68°F night 78°D day RH>40%<60%. Lots of fresh air and air movement. Feed all of the nutrients balanced in the vendors line starting at about 50% strength for Autoflowers. Increasing 10% weekly as you go until a tiny bit of tip burn then back off 10%. Pay attention to the quality of your starting water. Run an 18/6 light schedule.

:goodluck:

Bmurrciless

Experiments and experiences
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
@vincenoir :welcome:Welcome to AFN:welcome: Growing cannabis indoors has a steep learning curve. If you got your first plants to harvest that is a good thing.:toke:

Start with good genetics, Control your environment tightly 68°F night 78°D day RH>40%<60%. Lots of fresh air and air movement. Feed all of the nutrients balanced in the vendors line starting at about 50% strength for Autoflowers. Increasing 10% weekly as you go until a tiny bit of tip burn then back off 10%. Pay attention to the quality of your starting water. Run an 18/6 light schedule.

Amazing advice, it's not easy I've known a good many people who quit before they figured it out. The water comment though my goodness did I pay for that oversight and I didn't make that mistake to begin with just got complacent. If you have the willingness to come here and ask questions and listen and get better then I believe you will be more then good. Will over skill any day you can learn skills can't teach will power so easily.

ryangrovebags

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Defoliation will help but something else is off if you are that displeased with your yield. Genetics, lighting, and nutrients will have the biggest influence on that. What are you using for lights? You might want to try a new nutrient line or adjust your feeding schedule. Try investing in some better genetics as well if you have access to them.

Couch_Lock

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Sour Diesel
Genetics
Light spectrum and intensity
Clean sterile environment is best
proper Ph water and medium
air circulation as mentioned previously

Flux

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
That’s plenty of light & great nutes. I’m guessing ph, under or over watered early on stunting, small pots or to tightly packed soil or coco, last but not least genetics.

CoviklaFlaire

Doctor of Fu*king up Grows!
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Moist basement shitty moldy albanian weed..
In my case..Ph...
Last 44 times..

Arthur

Auto Warrior
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Pressed white crack on quarts
Hoveritis - the completely understandable act of new growers thinking they need to be constantly attending to something. Usual indications are...

1) not going more than a few hrs without checking. something
2) over manipulation when using LST techniques.
3) Inappropriate feeds (not balanced)
4) lack of correct tools or not understanding how to use them correctly. (Ph and ppm meters etc)

As near as I can figure, we all start this way to some extent.

vincenoir

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Defoliation will help but something else is off if you are that displeased with your yield. Genetics, lighting, and nutrients will have the biggest influence on that. What are you using for lights? You might want to try a new nutrient line or adjust your feeding schedule. Try investing in some better genetics as well if you have access to them.
I use mostly Dutch passion seed. Genetics are not bad i think, because color of plants and quality of weed is good. But somehow they never develop much depending on general harvest amounts. My last Purple Haze gaved 30 gr. Do you think its normal?

vincenoir

Auto Warrior
Reaction score

I gave them 20/2 light schedule. Thats what I see on breeder posts.