• Do you LOVE AFN?? bighug We do too!! But we need your help to keep the servers running!

If you feel like AFN has been useful in your journey and would like to help us pay some of the bills, we have a gofundme page setup for donations.
    Any amount that you can spare will be gratefully received

Click [HERE] to donate to AFN
  • Hey everyone, HLG is generously offering 3 pairs of Method Seven glasses (amazing eye protection for your grow) in a holiday giveaway!

Click Here to Enter and Play!
  • G'Day folks! It's voting time for the 2021 Outdoor Auto-Photo Comp', so please swing by to oggle them womens and pick your favorites!.... *Located at the Live Vendor G&S section*

What do you think of medium 30/30/30/10 soil (lightmix)/coco/perlite/worm castings for biotabs in autopot?

joe byrd

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
As above. What do you think of that? Would it be a perfect compromise? Soil as a "better" envirement for organic nutrients, coco as more aerated and making soil less "hot", perlite for looser structure and more air, worm castings fooooor I dont know what for. I though biotabs have everything we need.

I have followed Rykers grow with auto glueberry og but it wasnt perfectly fine because I have used cal mag and pk13/14 and i think I have made my medium too salty, also because I live in hard water area. Harvest were good, buds were hard and tasty but I feel I could go better. I think signs of cal mag defieciencies and so pk defieciencies were connected and I messed up good proportions made by biotabs. Then I was growing photoperiods in soil/biotabs/autopot and had no major problems. I was suprised how long they can grow without a sign of deficiencies but autos are a different story. I believe their instructions in starter kit are not designed for autos. I though about fastbuds soil instructions but they seems lame to me. No bactrex, no mycotrex? Just allmix/lightmix and 2 tabs? What about silicum flash?

I would like to use more complex biotabs line but also avoid the coco potentias cal mag issues. Or should I use a half of the complex biotabs program?

autopots are 15l. lights mostly mars led ts series. dutch passion and fastbuds

Suki813

Canna-bonsai
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Coco and peat don't really do well together, you'd be better off doing one or the other.