• OFFICIAL AFN MERCHANDISE

Sacra Via is the Exclusive Online Vendor for AFN

Sacra Via Logo
    Browse The Store

|| AFN Mugs || AFN Dab Mats || AFN T-Shirts || & Much More ||

Go Visit the Website Today to get your Official AFN Merchandise - Crafted with Love by our very own Rebel

Use Discount Code AFN10 for 10% discount off your total order!

Thanks Logo Thanks Logo Thanks Logo

• The Autoflower Conversational

Today's Topic:

1. Sativa, Indica, Ruderalis - Is it all BS?

Come give us your thoughts, we want to hear from you!
  • Test 1, Test 2 *tap tap tap*

AFN Live Chat Room
  • Win Bruce Banner
  • Prescription Blend Nutrients is offering a great 20% off discount code! This new nute company is showing well here, so swing by their section and see,... If you want to try their kit, the new disc. code is in the PB section...

What NOT to do: CJ Soma's guide to Noobs

Clemsonboss

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Purple og
So yo would you guys help me with a footprint. I would like to do 2 1000 w hps. I wanna get the most out of this lights as I can. How many plants would you put under them baby's. Thanks

NorwegianGrower

Executive Stoner / Stoned Executive
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
G-13, Super Lemon Haze
So yo would you guys help me with a footprint. I would like to do 2 1000 w hps. I wanna get the most out of this lights as I can. How many plants would you put under them baby's. Thanks
Hi Clemsonboss and welcome to AFN!
I'm going to be straight whith you. Two 600 watt`s are better. Way more efficient by far (power vs lumen output...)

a 1000 watt HPS will do an 8x8 room..but create a ton of heat and about 145-150,000 lumen's...
a 600 watt is 400 watt's less on your power bill and gives you 95,000 lumen's....that's a major increase in efficiency...
As you might know, the 600 Watt is producing less heat than the 1000 watt and can therefore be placed closer to the cannopy.

I don`t know what grow space you have available, but the 1000w HPS will generate A LOT of heat and you will most likely struggle with the temperature if you don`t invest in a airhood or a bulb cooler, if you are going for 2x 1000w HPS, I would say that this is a must if you don`t want to loose control of your garden.

For your initial question regarding how many plants you can fit under the lamps, you have to consider genetics and strains of the plants you are going to grow. Do some research on your strain and figure out what dimensions it will be. Also remember that you can LST to grow it wide and short to fill out your grow space.
PS: It`s easier to do the calculation the other way around: Find out how much end product you want, and build up what you need to (minimum) ensure that :smoking:

That being said, I`m a fairly new grower and there is several users in here that can give you a better answer than I`m able to!
After fighting temps all summer, I just ordered my LED lights.. :thumbsup:

Dynodave

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Bubble gum
What size tent or room u in pal?
also how much bud u lookin for,dry weight of course
Davo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Dynodave

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Bubble gum
Bump pal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mikey2017

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
One mistake I know alot makes they treat there plant for mag and cal defencies and the real problem is that the grower gives them to much calmag I'm saying this from my own experience and I thought that I had the problem and I never I caused the problem.so with that being said I only use it once a week and very little of it..So your sitting there asking how I know this because I had a plant showing both and I flushed it in pH water and then I mixed up a light mix of nutes without calmag and a week later the plant was all green and healthy so I only use it once a week and lightly but some plants are calmag whores my g13 strain didn't like much of it. .

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

KREATURE

1-2 OUNCER
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Meds I grew GG4 & NL
I read alot and never remember a Word lol

Skickat från min PRA-LX1 via Tapatalk
My problem exactly!!! Great thread!