What NOT to do: CJ Soma's guide to Noobs

• Good morning everyone! So I spent the day installing and upgrading a new add-on for AFN that effects our vendor and breeder forums. It's the same setup that we are using on High of the Tiger, but we didn't realize it would effect members a bit differently here on how it's been received.

The major benefit of the add-on is that it allows breeders/vendors a global calendar (that they add their own events to,) a group media gallery, group discussion area, an information/about tab, and a few other goodies that should make the experience overall a better one.

One major caveat to point out, the new groups (where you see the overlay) unfortuantely *REQUIRE* you to join them in order to post in them. This is done by design of the software (and I understand why,) however it's been requested to see if we can circumvent this somehow. I will inquire to the developer to see if it's an option available or one that can be added to future versions. So to be clear, you MUST JOIN the group to be able to post and reply, even if your existing threads were there before. We apologize for this minor inconvenience but it's a one-time deal and then it's back to business :-)
  • Hey we're testing out our new Raffle/Giveaway software and wanted to invite you all to try it out with us for a chance to win a Smokin' Screws pipe screen!

This will be for USA-based growers only (to start,) and the only requirements are 25 minimum post count to put in an entry (which you can do once per hour!)

Click Here to Enter!
Cannabis Seeds

Clemsonboss

Auto Warrior
Aug 8, 2017
Currently Smoking
Purple og
So yo would you guys help me with a footprint. I would like to do 2 1000 w hps. I wanna get the most out of this lights as I can. How many plants would you put under them baby's. Thanks

NorwegianGrower

Executive Stoner / Stoned Executive
Aug 1, 2017
Currently Smoking
G-13, Super Lemon Haze
So yo would you guys help me with a footprint. I would like to do 2 1000 w hps. I wanna get the most out of this lights as I can. How many plants would you put under them baby's. Thanks
Hi Clemsonboss and welcome to AFN!
I'm going to be straight whith you. Two 600 watt`s are better. Way more efficient by far (power vs lumen output...)

a 1000 watt HPS will do an 8x8 room..but create a ton of heat and about 145-150,000 lumen's...
a 600 watt is 400 watt's less on your power bill and gives you 95,000 lumen's....that's a major increase in efficiency...
As you might know, the 600 Watt is producing less heat than the 1000 watt and can therefore be placed closer to the cannopy.

I don`t know what grow space you have available, but the 1000w HPS will generate A LOT of heat and you will most likely struggle with the temperature if you don`t invest in a airhood or a bulb cooler, if you are going for 2x 1000w HPS, I would say that this is a must if you don`t want to loose control of your garden.

For your initial question regarding how many plants you can fit under the lamps, you have to consider genetics and strains of the plants you are going to grow. Do some research on your strain and figure out what dimensions it will be. Also remember that you can LST to grow it wide and short to fill out your grow space.
PS: It`s easier to do the calculation the other way around: Find out how much end product you want, and build up what you need to (minimum) ensure that :smoking:

That being said, I`m a fairly new grower and there is several users in here that can give you a better answer than I`m able to!
After fighting temps all summer, I just ordered my LED lights.. :thumbsup:

Dynodave

Auto Warrior
Feb 14, 2018
Currently Smoking
Bubble gum
What size tent or room u in pal?
also how much bud u lookin for,dry weight of course
Davo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Dynodave

Auto Warrior
Feb 14, 2018
Currently Smoking
Bubble gum
Bump pal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mikey2017

Auto Warrior
Sep 3, 2017
One mistake I know alot makes they treat there plant for mag and cal defencies and the real problem is that the grower gives them to much calmag I'm saying this from my own experience and I thought that I had the problem and I never I caused the problem.so with that being said I only use it once a week and very little of it..So your sitting there asking how I know this because I had a plant showing both and I flushed it in pH water and then I mixed up a light mix of nutes without calmag and a week later the plant was all green and healthy so I only use it once a week and lightly but some plants are calmag whores my g13 strain didn't like much of it. .

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk