• Vendor Discount Banner

When to harvest the CBD strains?

Cronk

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Growing 2 Dinamed CBD + in a scrog and ended up with about 50 tops. Took off the tops just before amber set in. clear and cloudy. Then I left the rest to mature and took a bit more about a week later after the lower buds plumped up

Now I have all lower material maturing. All the smaller, lower stuff is fairly young looking, very little amber hairs and very light green. lots of resin, though. Can I expect this to mature and beef up? Should I just chop it? Will it result in any difference for CBD content or does the entire plant tend to mature at the same time?

I was kind of expecting that the light will give the fluff additional grow time and a chance to grow up. What's the consensus n this?

Here is what it looked like pre harvest

Attachments

Cronk

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
To answer my question, if anyone is still using this thread, yes. You can cut the tops, let the rest mature and get more yield. I cut the tops of the two plants and got 5 ounces, then I left the rest of the plants to fatten up. most of the buds left on it were small and wouldn't have amounted to more than 2 ounces total. Not a week later they've bulked up and I have a lot more, albeit smaller than the original tops, thick and dense buds. Probably twice the number than the tops I took. After I dry it I'll weight it and it looks like around 3 or more ounces. So, 8 or more ounces from 2 plants in a 40x40 with a CMH 300 watt.
Already made glcerin juice with the tops and it's good medicine.

FungiSly

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Wow such great info in this thread! Thanks for sharing testing results of decarb times and harvesting times. :)