• OFFICIAL AFN MERCHANDISE

Sacra Via is the Exclusive Online Vendor for AFN

Sacra Via Logo
    Browse The Store

|| AFN Mugs || AFN Dab Mats || AFN T-Shirts || & Much More ||

Go Visit the Website Today to get your Official AFN Merchandise - Crafted with Love by our very own Rebel

Use Discount Code AFN10 for 10% discount off your total order!

Thanks Logo Thanks Logo Thanks Logo

• The Autoflower Conversational

Today's Topic:

1. Sativa, Indica, Ruderalis - Is it all BS?

Come give us your thoughts, we want to hear from you!
  • Test 1, Test 2 *tap tap tap*

AFN Live Chat Room
  • Win Bruce Banner
  • Prescription Blend Nutrients is offering a great 20% off discount code! This new nute company is showing well here, so swing by their section and see,... If you want to try their kit, the new disc. code is in the PB section...

White Crack + Sour Livers SIP LOS Grow

MrOldBoy

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Sam’s Crack / Gold Glue / 3 Bears OG
Getting dialed up for a LOS Grow ......

Earlier this year we grew a monster 12 oz. dried in Living Organic Soil - LOS ...... Sam‘s Crack was a Mephisto experimental strain that earned top honors in the Mephisto Grow Battle .... We were scheduled to compete in the final grow battle of the year but a summer move prevented us from growing .... but .....

But we are all settled in our new digs and it’s time to fire up the lights ......

Over the summer I kept my LOS alive / fed and watered the worms and they survived and actually thrived over the summer / fall months ...... I have fed the worms things like karanja, kelp, barley, shredded leaves and vegetable scraps .... here is a pic of some of the soil / worms ....

86D90C67-BF56-4B7A-A52C-1DB1142A9B2A.jpeg

So now the plan is to start a few new girls with some amended Living Organic Soil along with some new soil I had left over from last grow .... The soil I am using is from KIS and BuildaSoil mixed together along with Sam’s LOS from earlier grow ...... I’ll be growing in EarthBox Juniors ..... The EarthBox is a self watering container called a SIP Container - SIP stands for self irrigated planter ..... With a SIP Container you never have to worry about should I water, you simply keep the reservoir full of water and the water is absorbed up into the soil, keeping the soil at a perfect moisture level for the entire grow ..... Here is a pic of four EarthBox Juniors .....

97911B03-8195-4868-8810-016159315DB1.jpeg

When these guys get a little bigger they will get transplanted in the their new homes ......

DBA0225F-26DF-448A-AA12-591AA7908052.jpeg

Also to supplement / top dress / fertilize I will using homegrown worm castings - I truly believe the earthworm are the World’s BEST Gardeners and I work very hard to keep my worms thriving in their little worm bins - I also grow vegetables so I use a lot of worm castings, thus three bins ....... When I feel the need for more fertilizer I simply take a handful or two of castings and top dress my SIP Container - I might also add some amendments depending on growth stage ......

F8A2B47F-36F8-416E-9218-658FE6043781.jpeg

Worms are the World‘s BEST Gardeners .....
1D926B12-69DB-48A1-91BD-D0DFE9B66C1B.jpeg

Thanks for tagging along!

Peace,
MOB

@Organic Sinse @Archaic @slowandeasy @FishWizard @MMMi @Roasty McToasty @Jc420bigbud

slowandeasy

Auto Warrior
AFN Gladiator
Reaction score
Getting dialed up for a LOS Grow ......

Earlier this year we grew a monster 12 oz. dried in Living Organic Soil - LOS ...... Sam‘s Crack was a Mephisto experimental strain that earned top honors in the Mephisto Grow Battle .... We were scheduled to compete in the final grow battle of the year but a summer move prevented us from growing .... but .....

But we are all settled in our new digs and it’s time to fire up the lights ......

Over the summer I kept my LOS alive / fed and watered the worms and they survived and actually thrived over the summer / fall months ...... I have fed the worms things like karanja, kelp, barley, shredded leaves and vegetable scraps .... here is a pic of some of the soil / worms ....

View attachment 1135806

So now the plan is to start a few new girls with some amended Living Organic Soil along with some new soil I had left over from last grow .... The soil I am using is from KIS and BuildaSoil mixed together along with Sam’s LOS from earlier grow ...... I’ll be growing in EarthBox Juniors ..... The EarthBox is a self watering container called a SIP Container - SIP stands for self irrigated planter ..... With a SIP Container you never have to worry about should I water, you simply keep the reservoir full of water and the water is absorbed up into the soil, keeping the soil at a perfect moisture level for the entire grow ..... Here is a pic of four EarthBox Juniors .....

View attachment 1135809

When these guys get a little bigger they will get transplanted in the their new homes ......

View attachment 1135810

Also to supplement / top dress / fertilize I will using homegrown worm castings - I truly believe the earthworm are the World’s BEST Gardeners and I work very hard to keep my worms thriving in their little worm bins - I also grow vegetables so I use a lot of worm castings, thus three bins ....... When I feel the need for more fertilizer I simply take a handful or two of castings and top dress my SIP Container - I might also add some amendments depending on growth stage ......

View attachment 1135811

Worms are the World‘s BEST Gardeners .....
View attachment 1135812

Thanks for tagging along!

Peace,
MOB

@Organic Sinse @Archaic @slowandeasy @FishWizard @MMMi @Roasty McToasty @Jc420bigbud
Nice. Will be following

MMMi

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
In for the ride man, 4 strains I don't currently have (24cxCQ is the closest I have). Maybe after I reconfigure everything I'll do my own journal instead of globbing on other peoples ;)

I gotta up my germination game, got a heat mat for the cold basement. Rapid rooters dry out hella fast on a heat mat. I may try soaking 24h in warm water, then straight into dirt/coco. Either that or I have rockwool cubes I haven't tried yet. I have a bad relationship with rockwool though. I was pest free until I misprogrammed an irrigation controller and dumped my res into the rockwool. So... naturally -- I blame the rockwool :D

slowandeasy

Auto Warrior
AFN Gladiator
Reaction score
In for the ride man, 4 strains I don't currently have (24cxCQ is the closest I have). Maybe after I reconfigure everything I'll do my own journal instead of globbing on other peoples ;)

I gotta up my germination game, got a heat mat for the cold basement. Rapid rooters dry out hella fast on a heat mat. I may try soaking 24h in warm water, then straight into dirt/coco. Either that or I have rockwool cubes I haven't tried yet. I have a bad relationship with rockwool though. I was pest free until I misprogrammed an irrigation controller and dumped my res into the rockwool. So... naturally -- I blame the rockwool :D
Use your heating mat and 5 to 9oz cups of moist starter mix. Fuck Rockwoll if you are using dirt. Coco would be better than Rockwoll. Use a Rubbermaid tub and plastic wrap. Sprsy the underside of the Wrap. You wont dry out if you do this. Same way I clone. Make sure temps are 80-85F. I prefer to soak my seeds 12-24 hours and plant directly. Mykos in the hole. It's all about the temps brother. Without 80-85F you will have mixed results. I also find that Auto seeds germ rates are lower as they age, much faster than Photo seeds degrade. Thw only time I have an issue is with older stock. Focus on proper temps. Failure in winter is 95% from low or inconsistent temps. 70-75f is not good enough for best germing. I don't like Rapid Rooters, they are too small IMO. Read my seed starting thread, someone revived it. Peace, slowandeasy

MrOldBoy

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Use your heating mat and 5 to 9oz cups of moist starter mix. Fuck Rockwoll if you are using dirt. Coco would be better than Rockwoll. Use a Rubbermaid tub and plastic wrap. Sprsy the underside of the Wrap. You wont dry out if you do this. Same way I clone. Make sure temps are 80-85F. I prefer to soak my seeds 12-24 hours and plant directly. Mykos in the hole. It's all about the temps brother. Without 80-85F you will have mixed results. I also find that Auto seeds germ rates are lower as they age, much faster than Photo seeds degrade. Thw only time I have an issue is with older stock. Focus on proper temps. Failure in winter is 95% from low or inconsistent temps. 70-75f is not good enough for best germing. I don't like Rapid Rooters, they are too small IMO. Read my seed starting thread, someone revived it. Peace, slowandeasy
Appreciate you stopping by Slow - going to give the juniors a try, I have a short grow window so trying smaller / quicker strains .....In 20/20 I plant on doing a single plant in an Original EarthBox in It’s own tent - I wanna grow an monster but even bigger than Sam - I have a few strains in mind like Dutch Passion Brooklyn Sunrise or maybe a Mephisto strain - Anyways that comes next year for now just a quickie ....

Temps are right in the middle ground, earlier pic the humidity dome was off for a few minutes ..... Also note soil temp 73.4, heat Matt is turned off at this stage but temp prob remains in soil until we transplant
2BC65414-FEFC-40AD-9AF6-8E29D97B8A9F.jpeg

When transplant time comes I hope to see this root system in the starter root pruning cups - something like these - Note no tap root as the roots are pruned out of the gate

7694AC6E-4F7D-4E71-8988-B99BA6B5C508.jpeg

MrOldBoy

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Currently Smoking

Cool Beans, thanks for checking out ..... My basement is cold as well ..... I built a little starter hut I made from an old amazon box and some insulation material ..... I have two small heaters close to the starter box and a humidifier as well as a small heating Matt under the tray ....

Years and years ago I tried rock wool and starter pellets and about everything including milk cartons.

624D434C-063F-4098-995F-FEFD044F6323.jpeg

Last edited: