• Do you LOVE AFN?? bighug We do too!! But we need your help to keep the servers running!

If you feel like AFN has been useful in your journey and would like to help us pay some of the bills, we have a gofundme page setup for donations.
    Any amount that you can spare will be gratefully received

Click [HERE] to donate to AFN
  • Hey everyone, HLG is generously offering 3 pairs of Method Seven glasses (amazing eye protection for your grow) in a holiday giveaway!

Click Here to Enter and Play!
  • G'Day folks! It's voting time for the 2021 Outdoor Auto-Photo Comp', so please swing by to oggle them womens and pick your favorites!.... *Located at the Live Vendor G&S section*

Blog entries by notnecessarysir

Day 0, 11/28/2021: Begin germination by placing 2x Sweet Gelato Auto seeds in a damp paper towel, folding it in half, and sealing it in a labeled ziploc bag. Day 1: No growth noted. Day 2: Not examined. Day 3, 12/1/2021: Taproots observed (~2 cm/0.75"); seeds planted. Fingertip was used to dig a...
notnecessarysir
Views
Reaction score
New Grower Journals
Day 57, 11/4/2021: Seed 2 6.8; Seed 1 5.9. Reservoir: 6.2, adjusted to 6.6. Not feeling great today, so calling it an early night. Day 58: Seed 2 6.6; Seed 1 6.3. Reservoir refilled with about 4 gallons (15.2 liters) fish tank water supplemented with 25 ml FF tiger bloom, 16 ml cal-mag; pH...
Day 50, 10/28/2021: Bam!! Got my Sweet Gelato (Sweet Seeds) ordered today. My growmies are always, always buying seeds. One friend and I have been holding out, and like a fucking bobbit worm, I got the ones I've been waiting for today. :D Now I'm not sure if my next grow will be Skywalker or...
notnecessarysir
Views
Reaction score
New Grower Journals
Day 43, 10/21/2021: Everything was pretty much the same as yesterday, with the exception of the reservoir pH. Probably because I didn't leave everything to mix for long enough to equilibrate.... and I also forgot to open the valve to actually water/feed the plants. (They're fine. I was getting...
notnecessarysir
Views
Reaction score
Comments
New Grower Journals
Day 36, 10/14/2021: Filled another 4 gallons of water with cal-mag added. Increased cal-mag to 16 ml per 4 gallons (4 ml per gallon) because new growth still shows slight discoloration between the veins. Worked out a good system for measuring and transporting water using a garden cart, my...
Day 29, 10/7/2021: Busy night tonight! Started off by checking the reservoir and seeing it needed to be refilled in a hurry. I added 4 gallons of water and dosed it with cal-mag and FoxFarm Tiger Bloom, both at half-strength. Like a dummy, I didn't check the analysis on them until after I was...
notnecessarysir
Views
Reaction score
Comments
New Grower Journals
Day 22, 9/30/2021: Things... got a little out of hand tonight hahaha. Seed 2 has gotten supertopped, not supercropped. (I'm so sorry, my girl.) Aside from that, the plant clips look like they'll work if we really keep on top of them--the rate the ladies are growing, the clips will either stunt...
notnecessarysir
Views
Reaction score
Comments
New Grower Journals
Day 15, 9/23/2021: Both Seed 1 and Seed 2 were working on pushing out their fourth sets of leaves, so the growing tips were pinched off to break up the apical dominance and promote branching. (Pics were taken before clipping.) Seed 2 shows small signs of worsening damage (more of that...
notnecessarysir
Views
Reaction score
New Grower Journals
Day 8, 9/16/21: Autopot valve from the system reservoir was found to have been left tightly closed this whole time. (I'm gonna do that part of the setup next time.) Dirt was dry and fluffy to the touch, but no wilting was observed. I started off with a fear of overwatering because most of my...
notnecessarysir
Views
Reaction score
New Grower Journals
Day 0, 9/8/21: begin germination Day 1: Seed 1 germinates Day 2: Seed 2 germinates. Both planted in final pots using FoxFarm Ocean Forest (FFOF) with additional perlite mixed in. Seed 1 right, Seed 2 left. Topped with diatomaceous earth (DE). Day 3: Lights started at 18/6. Temp gets too high on...