• Do you LOVE AFN?? bighug We do too!! But we need your help to keep the servers running!

If you feel like AFN has been useful in your journey and would like to help us pay some of the bills, we have a gofundme page setup for donations.
    Any amount that you can spare will be gratefully received

Click [HERE] to donate to AFN
  • Hey everyone, HLG is generously offering 3 pairs of Method Seven glasses (amazing eye protection for your grow) in a holiday giveaway!

Click Here to Enter and Play!
  • G'Day folks! It's voting time for the 2021 Outdoor Auto-Photo Comp', so please swing by to oggle them womens and pick your favorites!.... *Located at the Live Vendor G&S section*

Blog entries by Rasterman

Rasterman
Views
Reaction score
Comments
Photoperiod Grow Journals
I realized I haven't made a blog entry for awhile, but there hasn't been a lot to say. I fed her Bud Ignitor and now I'm feeding her Open Sesame and plan to follow up with Cha-ching in a few weeks. There was essentially no stretch with this strain. Given that, it's obvious that she went into...
Rasterman
Views
Reaction score
Comments
Indoor Grow Journals
My sprout percentage is 80%. I planted the sprouted seeds in the same one-gallon pot and will cull until I have one for harvest, due to plant count limits. Interestingly enough, the Black Chick seeds have only shown one sprout. It could be that I'd get 100% if I were willing to wait a few more...
I took the seeds out of the soaking solution and planted them in pods that were soaked in the same solution. My next post will let you know what my sprout percentage is.
Rasterman
Views
Reaction score
Comments
Indoor Grow Journals
I crumbled all of the bud over a makeshift ramp and collected about 80% of the seeds. Seeds for both girls are all mixed together. Here are the seeds: I'm pretty sure that I'll never again buy Double Grape seeds. So today, I put on to soak, 10 Double Grape and as a control, 10 of a strain I...
Just over one month on 12s, and it's safe to say that stretch is nearly over. Although it doesn't appear to have grown much, the canopy is no longer even and I'll need to do a little more training. This is the first dragon cheese I've grown. So there are probably other phenotypes. But in the...
Rasterman
Views
Reaction score
Indoor Grow Journals
I could have let them go for another week probably, but I'm growing these for seed. I scoped them today and they're fully frost with 1-2% amber. I need the space and after harvesting seeds I'll try some sort of extract with the leftovers. This blog is not finished, however! I still want to...
I traveled overnight for Christmas and the ladies used more water than I expected them to. The melon mom wilted badly and lost many fans. Here's grapey mom. She didn't wilt because she was under a weaker light. They'll be fully ready in a very few short weeks!
She grew a little bit last night and is the picture of perfect health!
I had let them dry out again. They were using water much more than I expected. So I gave them water yesterday. They are completely recovered now, but the light damage on mom #1 (who I'm now calling the "grapey" mom) is still bad enough that I moved her under the cheap light to give her a break...
She's no stretcher. Since putting her on 12s 18 days ago I've been hoping for a 16" stretch to fill the vertical space I have in that closet but I think stretch is going to be under 6". So far it's gained maybe 2". Her sister and clones will go into 12s at almost their final size. One of the...
As of yesterday (picture is from today), it finally started acting like it's trying to put on some height. I need at least an additional foot or at the end I might have to conclude I put it on 12s too soon. I did a lot of research and as far as I know, I'm the only one on the planet who has...
Rasterman
Views
Reaction score
Comments
Indoor Grow Journals
Today I fed but with a new product: Beastie Bloomz came highly recommended. Because this seed grow is in a separate location from my other plants, I'm probably going to go back to Sensi Bloom on the next feeding so I can just leave it in there. Note that in the past I've just mixed nutes by...
Rasterman
Views
Reaction score
Indoor Grow Journals
I'm calling this the first day of bloom. I love it when I open the closet door in the morning and see true, new flowers!
Rasterman
Views
Reaction score
Indoor Grow Journals
Budlets have appeared. It's day 11 since putting her on 12s, and no stretch. Very little growth at all, in fact. But she is healthy, and I'm hoping she stretches over the next week or so. Because I have about 15" of additional vertical space I want to fill with buds.
Rasterman
Views
Reaction score
Comments
Indoor Grow Journals
The mother closest to the dad has a lot of fertilized sites already (pictures from yesterday): ... While the other mother has virtually no sites pollinated: So today I rearranged things to guarantee a constant stream of pollen to the neglected lady. I moved the dad and the fan. That leaves a...
I should tell you that I stopped spraying STS on the dad after I thought some flowers had opened. Maybe three days after noticing male flowers. As you can see here, it grew a lot of flowers like a true male. Also, you can see that a lot of the flowers have already released their pollen. The...
I fed them well a few days ago but realized yesterday that they're using water up quickly and need more. So I gave them water today but no nutes.
I fed them again today - 1 tsp dried green coconut milk/gal, 2 tsp green aminos/gal, 1 tbs Sensi Bloom /gal. Here are some pictures - you can see flowers all over the dad. The mom under the good light is already covering itself with trichomes. The mom under the cheap light has just as many bud...
Rasterman
Views
Reaction score
Comments
Indoor Grow Journals
I have much to report on. Yesterday, it looked possible that I had successfully reversed the chosen daddy. Today I was rewarded with proof! Every cola has a plethora of male flowers ready to burst and commit their act of unnatural love on the virginal future mothers. The Optic II is simply...