• Come join us as we welcome Horticulture Lighting Group to the Autoflower Network!

We have an official representative from HLG that will be active on the forum to answer your questions, several units that are coming for our official product testing (grow and show's,) and we'll be working together to provide better information on lighting in general!

Come say hello!
  • Do you LOVE AFN?? bighug We do too!! But we need your help to keep the servers running!

If you feel like AFN has been useful in your journey and would like to help us pay some of the bills, we have a gofundme page setup for donations.
    Any amount that you can spare will be gratefully received

Click [HERE] to donate to AFN

New blog entries

Steviestash
Views
Reaction score
Comments
Updated
Indoor Grow Journals
I've been doing some weird little grows and was trying to think of what to grow in after my little piggy grow And I thought I grow using coco why not grow in a coconut so I was at the grocery store yesterday and they had some coconuts. Here they are I wasn't able to get all the coconut flesh...
Even though two of the seeds germinated a day or so quicker, calling this "Day 4" for all the seeds... VPD. I'm staying on the lower end and not in the zone. Lights came back on at 4pm and after an hour I'm at 80F, 78%RH and 73F on the leaf. Most articles suggest that LED lights normally...
Day 43, 10/21/2021: Everything was pretty much the same as yesterday, with the exception of the reservoir pH. Probably because I didn't leave everything to mix for long enough to equilibrate.... and I also forgot to open the valve to actually water/feed the plants. (They're fine. I was getting...
I haven't dialed in the HPS height yet. All six plants stretched out because they weren't getting enough light so I lowered it a bit last night. I also sprayed them down with coconut milk and green aminos (both from buildasoil) and propped them up because their stems were too spindly. They look...
10/20 - struggling to keep humidity up for the seedlings. During light hours I'm running the light at 28"/50%, exhaust fan on low, circulating floor fan on medium and the humidifier on max. Going through a gallon of water in the humidifier and this isn't sustainable. Kept the DG & CDLC under...
Checked this morning and the DG and CDLC have popped. Still waiting on the AA and expect her to trail a little - fingers crossed. Temps staying mid 70’s and humidity mid 60’s. Some on the seedlings. Guess this is “Day One”.
This will serve as my technical grow record for my winter grow in living soil, and is in addition to the standard thread on this grow. Unless noted otherwise, more detail will appear in the standard thread than appears here. The soil recipe, with thanks to @pop22 for inspiration and the...
Followed the Mephisto guide for germinating the seeds - four folds of toilet paper, dampened and enclosed in a DVD case - keep warm. Checked after 24 hours and could see the Double Grape and CDLC showing progress. The Auto Amnesia wasn't showing any signs of progress. Flipped and returned...
I planted the seeds one week ago today. This is my first time using HPS and I started with the light too far away so the seedlings got a bit spindly. When I moved it closer, a couple of the seedlings fell over and three didn't. I raised the light just a little bit, but this is good because it...
Teuffelhound
Views
Reaction score
Indoor Grow Journals
Location Virginia / Indoor Unfinished Basement Set Up 48"x48"x80" Tent SF-4000 (initially purchased SF-1000 and changed suspecting it would be insufficient) 6" Exhaust Fan w/ Felt Covered Charcoal Filter (ducted to exhaust top / passive intake) 1-Gallon Reservoir Humidifier Oscillating Tower...
Hi AFN! Here, summer continues its effect, albeit with a delay. I hope the days will come when we will realize that global warming is not a joke. I couldn't help saying it because it had been on my mind for a long time. As for the plant, I think she needs a flush now. Although I managed to...
notnecessarysir
Views
Reaction score
Comments
New Grower Journals
Day 36, 10/14/2021: Filled another 4 gallons of water with cal-mag added. Increased cal-mag to 16 ml per 4 gallons (4 ml per gallon) because new growth still shows slight discoloration between the veins. Worked out a good system for measuring and transporting water using a garden cart, my...
I put the seeds in two-gallon pots two days ago and they all made their appearance today.
Rasterman
Views
Updated
Indoor Grow Journals
All five seeds sprouted. I guess whether they float or not is irrelevant. I put them in 2 gallon pots in Happy Frog media in an auxiliary location under a 1000 watt HPS just because that's what I have. In a couple of days I'll receive an Optic LED Optic 2 GEN4 200W Dimmable COB LED Grow Light...
Rasterman
Views
Reaction score
Indoor Grow Journals
It seems that the blog doesn't become visible until you post the first entry. So I'm reposting the front page here. Apologies if I'm wrong and you already saw it in your feed. I soaked a 3-pack overnight (that's actually 5 seeds) of Double Grape yesterday. My intention is to choose one to...
Now moving on to week 10 - still drinking lots of water. Water 5L each, every 3 days, giving them a good wet / dry cycle. I think one more week of nutes then will move on to just water until those trichs start to change. I didnt think Sweet zz would out do the banana blaze at the beginning...
Day 29, 10/7/2021: Busy night tonight! Started off by checking the reservoir and seeing it needed to be refilled in a hurry. I added 4 gallons of water and dosed it with cal-mag and FoxFarm Tiger Bloom, both at half-strength. Like a dummy, I didn't check the analysis on them until after I was...
BlazedAlien
Views
Reaction score
Comments
Indoor Grow Journals
First entry for this grow! I've got my four seeds popped into red cups, each buried to the same depth. Soil was well watered before, a few drops on top of the seed and now sitting in a nice light (but not direct), warm place. Let's see if these girls make a showing soon!
Only posting this evening to say that I discovered that my light was not set at 50%...more like 30%. I must have bumped the knob inadvertently at some point. I correct that and will post pictures tomorrow to see if upping the light level has made an appreciable difference.
SpencerGrows
Views
Reaction score
New Grower Journals
Again, not much change, but you can definitely tell that the girls are growing. Temperature has held steady at 73F with light remaining on 24/0. Planning to get them into the DWC reservoir this weekend so they can get their veg on.